It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been there too,& behaved like a twat half the time because of it but I kept it separate from anything where people were relying on me.

True but it still has an effect on your mental state

Personally think he should move on because if a man manager like Pep can’t make it work then the issues are deeper

I really feel for him but we need to move on

He should also be man enough to accept the consequences of his own decisions. This nonsense has been dragging on for too long, I get the impression the management have run out of patience waiting for him to get his shit together

It does appear that way. I don't think we'd have seen a midfield player or a kid who can't stop anybody, playing there otherwise,

But if we had Koulibaly, Ake & Laporte, I'd rather see Stones as 4th, with kids as backup, unless his head is so fucked there is no possibility of him ever turning it around.

If people help him out, he may repay it. (At least chuck a fiver in his tin as they are passing)

True but it still has an effect on your mental state

Personally think he should move on because if a man manager like Pep can’t make it work then the issues are deeper

I really feel for him but we need to move on

Maybe when Pep said he was going to talk to him at the end of the season, this is what the discussion is about.

Back 3 would be such a waste of our attacking talent. 1 extra CB means 1 less forward/attacking midfielder.

Since Pep's time at Bayern he has always wanted to play 3 at the back, he's tried it before but failed. With the right players it could be an amazing system(not saying we will sign them) just imagine alexander-arnold at Rwb and alphonso Davies at lwb are 2 inside forwards making the runs inside the wing backs and a false 9.

We need kind of transfers this summer like Laporte, KDB, who do bring in quality and thet get an unquestionable starting place for themselves.

We usually have much better transfers after a bad season than after a good one. Maybe Txiki feels more he has to improve the squad more than after we won and just get the squad bigger...

Ake and Torres are not above category for me, they will be on the bench a lot. Good squad players, Torres has great potential but he wont start 10 PL next season I am sure. Maybe more for rotation and cup games.

We need a serious second season from Rodri and Cancelo, as we paid top money for them, but not yet proved their real worth or potential. Especially Cancelo.

We spent huge on Stones, Mendy years ago and did not work, they arrived as young, very talented players, high potential. Now we will struggle to get a serious fee for them.
(Mangala dont get me started on that. For younger talents its more than enough to do Nastasic, Savic type of cheap signings if they work out great, if not we still can sell the for same price or for small profit.)

That Van Dijk signing worked out immensely for Liverpool and he was 75m. Imagine Laporte-Van Dijk duo for a cost of 135m instead of Stones-Otamendi-Ake for 125m fee.

I would rather pay 90m for a guranteed top class player than 45m each for 2x squad players who are of course talented but are not gonna change City much, as they replace squad players not guaranteed starters and chances are they wont be guaranteed starters soon and if they cant reach that level within two-three years likely they gonna get moved on ...

We need kind of transfers this summer like Laporte, KDB, who do bring in quality and thet get an unquestionable starting place for themselves.

We usually have much better transfers after a bad season than after a good one. Maybe Txiki feels more he has to improve the squad more than after we won and just get the squad bigger...

Ake and Torres are not above category for me, they will be on the bench a lot. Good squad players, Torres has great potential but he wont start 10 PL next season I am sure. Maybe more for rotation and cup games.

We need a serious second season from Rodri and Cancelo, as we paid top money for them, but not yet proved their real worth or potential. Especially Cancelo.

We spent huge on Stones, Mendy years ago and did not work, they arrived as young, very talented players, high potential. Now we will struggle to get a serious fee for them.
(Mangala dont get me started on that. For younger talents its more than enough to do Nastasic, Savic type of cheap signings if they work out great, if not we still can sell the for same price or for small profit.)

That Van Dijk signing worked out immensely for Liverpool and he was 75m. Imagine Laporte-Van Dijk duo for a cost of 135m instead of Stones-Otamendi-Ake for 125m fee.

I would rather pay 90m for a guranteed top class player than 45m each for 2x squad players who are of course talented but are not gonna change City much, as they replace squad players not guaranteed starters and chances are they wont be guaranteed starters soon and if they cant reach that level within two-three years likely they gonna get moved on ...

The fee you pay isn't necessarily indicative of the quality of player you get. City have spent fortunes on crap, and has some absolute bargains as well. Should we do away with our £30m squad player keeper and get a top class £70m one like Chelsea's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.