John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Stones will go. I think Otamendi and Garcia will.

Koulibaly, Stones, Laporte, Ake. With Harwood-Bellis and Fernandinho as 3rd choice back ups.

Stones has had injury after injury for 2 years. His private life has been difficult for him and his form has dropped off a cliff.

However, if he can be injury free for a season, get the confidence back he could be the player he was developing into pre Leicester injury. He needs to be for more physical though on the pitch.

A joke of an offer. If he played for anybody else that fee would be doubled at a minimum. His stock couldn’t get much lower than it is right now which makes it a poor time to sell. even if Pep is done with him i’d Keep him for another year as backup to Koulibaly or whoever we bring in, let him get fit and try and regain some form, we know the talent is there, worst case scenario we sell him next season for no less than that.

Koulibaly, Stones, Laporte, Ake. With Harwood-Bellis and Fernandinho as 3rd choice back ups.

Stones has had injury after injury for 2 years. His private life has been difficult for him and his form has dropped off a cliff.

However, if he can be injury free for a season, get the confidence back he could be the player he was developing into pre Leicester injury. He needs to be for more physical though on the pitch.

When you think about it, however, what's the likelihood of him turning around all four things in one season? He must know his time is up and will only be staying if we fail to land Koulibaly.

I like Stones when he's on form, but he isn't reliable physically (injured a lot) or mentally as he makes cock up after cock up.

If we can get an offer of around £30m I think I'd take it. We can put the fee and wages to get Koulibaly who is a much better player. Plus, on a personal note, I think it will do Stones good to move on and rebuild his dying career.

A Lot of if's re John Stones, we have said the same for the last 2 years.

I'll be sorry if he goes. But he's a frustrating player! He has all the attributes but seems to lack the aggression and concentration to be a top centre back. Injuries haven't helped and I feel sorry for him with that, but it does seem a big question mark as to whether he has the mentality. I trust Pep and the coaches to make the right call either way.

Very low fee. Something Chelsea is doing much better if we look at their selling fees for unwanted players.

Look at Bakayoko, they signed him from Monaco around same time , they bought him for 40m from Monaco, then sold him for 35m to a cash strapped Milan.

I swear if it had been Txiki and City, it would have been a loan with option to buy, and then we sell him for 12m in the end.

For Stones to go from 50m to 20m after 4 years at City, still at peak age, homegrown, English tax and 20m only?

We couldnt get a shit noname English defenders from WHU, Brighton, Villa, Everton etc who is worse than Stones for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.