Championship thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks m8, we'll need it.

Charlton fans not happy. can't blame them we'd be the same if it was the other way around.

Be interesting what happens to Derby, personally think they'll get off with it as Mel Morris is a clever bloke.

Not going to pass judgment on the rights or wrongs of what you did given our situation. We have had plenty of no nothing fans having a go at us and I do not know your situation. Also think fans do not really understand that some of the supposedly dodgy stuff that going on in football is actually very normal in the rest of the business world e.g Image rights, separate companies, We got a lot of stick for supposedly finding a dodgy way to cut our wages by farming people out to other companies but what people purposefully ignored was that we where paying the company there where working for millions and they where clearly working for all the CFG clubs. Not to mention our supposedly inflated sponsorships from companies people think our owner controls when he does not. So I have a lot of sympathy having said that I feel selling stadium is that right ?is a bit weird not like anyone else can use it. Anyone my main question is why are you been docked points for next year not this think of Wigan getting relegated who I have a very small soft spot for

Harsh on the Owls players and fans, it's not their fault. Too many bean counters sticking their oar in and ruining things, like most areas of life. If they really feel they need to punish someone it should be the dodgy business people involved on concealing accounts or whatever, not the fans and Wednesday players. Everything to do with ffp is bullshit and unfair.

The points deductions are getting farcical and are not related to any teams on pitch performance.
It is really going to hit the 'fan' if one of these decisions goes to court and the club with points deducted wins the case.
Deducting points from clubs forced into administration or otherwise undertaking transactions allowed by hmrc just should not be allowed. It is ruining football.
All the leagues should be ensuring clubs in debt are adequately supported. No offshore stuff allowed - leveraged debt etc.
Selling and leasing back is a well established business practice. Good luck Charlton.

Not going to pass judgment on the rights or wrongs of what you did given our situation. We have had plenty of no nothing fans having a go at us and I do not know your situation. Also think fans do not really understand that some of the supposedly dodgy stuff that going on in football is actually very normal in the rest of the business world e.g Image rights, separate companies, We got a lot of stick for supposedly finding a dodgy way to cut our wages by farming people out to other companies but what people purposefully ignored was that we where paying the company there where working for millions and they where clearly working for all the CFG clubs. Not to mention our supposedly inflated sponsorships from companies people think our owner controls when he does not. So I have a lot of sympathy having said that I feel selling stadium is that right ?is a bit weird not like anyone else can use it. Anyone my main question is why are you been docked points for next year not this think of Wigan getting relegated who I have a very small soft spot for

We don't know is the honest answer m8.

Regarding Wigan any team that enters administration gets a -12 deduction as standard, obviously how they got there is not standard.

I would luv to say the club will learn and move on from this, but I'm not so sure.

Also as this was an Independant Panel that decided the punishment I wonder if the EFL will appeal to get the deduction applied to this season>

Harsh on the Owls players and fans, it's not their fault. Too many bean counters sticking their oar in and ruining things, like most areas of life. If they really feel they need to punish someone it should be the dodgy business people involved on concealing accounts or whatever, not the fans and Wednesday players. Everything to do with ffp is bullshit and unfair.
Yeah, if it’s the fault of an individual owner, that individual should be fined or that individual should be forced to sell.

There are thousands of people connected to clubs and they’re all punished for the actions of one man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.