COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this way, if 2 people each have a lonely mum, one person goes down the pub, the other visits his mum.
Which lonely mum has most chance of getting the virus?.
And which mum commits suicide due to mental health thinking there's nothing worth living for

The obvious problem that people see and are somewhat perplexed with is that they are fine to meet total strangers in a pub, can imbibe copious amounts of alcohol and pretend to social distance (really?) but can't visit their lonely mum or dad and sit in their garden, 2 metres apart.

It is in my opinion, a total farce and the way the government has handled it, is amateur at best.
People don't put money over the bar and pay tax on seeing their lonely mum and dad.

Think you must have me mixed up with a different poster.
I voted Corbyn and most folk down here think I’m some leftie nut job.

this government have handled this crisis shambolic ... but I am weary of people being over critical because at most stages they are in a no win situation, whatever road they go down and however they communicate it - it will be heavily criticised by most people. Also, it’s easy to label this as just Boris and a handful of others, I suspect his getting advice from a field of people from all different perspectives.

would agree with your point tho - if you visit family urge you to wear a mask if indoors, very few would but it would help I s’pose.
You’re a lefty metropolitan prick as far as I’m concerned ;-)

But in all seriousness, this forum is a constant conveyor belt of certain views and they fucking despise anything contrary to that.

Any post that mildly defends the government is jumped on.

Last edited:
The Aussie were doing well but it finds a way

Australia has suffered its worst day of the coronavirus pandemic, with more than 700 new infections and 13 deaths from the disease recorded in Victoria, the country's second-most populous state.

The country's previous national record of new cases was 518 but a second wave of the coronavirus, centred on care homes, has seen numbers rise again.The new daily high saw 723 confirmed coronavirus cases

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...andemic-with-more-than-700-new-cases-12038874
It's winter there, so they've been driven inside by the weather, it might not be our winter cold, but everything is relative, and the more northern states than Victoria aren't increasing (warmer so not so stuck inside). The middle east and southern US states are the opposite, it's so bloody hot now, so everyone has been driven inside, the connection is everyone going inside because it's cold or hot, inside it spreads easily.

People thought warm places were avoiding it because it didn't like heat, but if it gets too hot like the Middle East/Gulf states (and now see Spain, at the peak of their hot weather), it's the same result as in the colder climates. Our biggest fall in cases was in lockdown, when much of the country had a long spell of warm sunny weather, a generally nice temperature, so we all spent a lot of time outdoors, in recent weeks its been less good, and often quite wet, so we've all gone back indoors more, and it's spreading again.

You’re a lefty metropolitan prick as far as I’m concerned ;-)

But in all seriousness, this forum is a constant conveyor belt of certain views and they fucking despise anything contrary to that.

Any post that mildly defends the government is jumped on and you’re a Tory fascist.

I don’t mind.

Spoons cashing in, sure this will help the current situation eh....

0_DJ_MEN_130720Wetherspoons_02.jpg

I wouldn't drink any of them if they were free.

Absolute pish and dishwater beers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.