Kalidou Koulibaly

This a translation of Di Laurentiis' actual quotes, since they've been misinterpreted in my humble opinion:

"E' un'ottima persona, un ottimo difensore. Mi dispiacerebbe se andasse via. Arriva però un momento in cui bisogna per forza separarsi. Finora non sono arrivate offerte da 90 milioni, poi bisogna vedere chi fa la richiesta e cosa vogliono offrire a noi e al giocatore".

"He's a top guy and a top defender. It would displease me if he were to leave. However, the moment has arrived in which we certainly need to go our separate ways. Until now, we haven't received an offer of 90M euro; Afterwards, we need to see who made the bid and how much they want to offer us and the player."

The bolded bit tells me that he's willing to negotiate. He could have said "and if they meet our valuation," but he didn't. 90mil is outrageous for a 29 year old and I think he's entertaining the idea that no one will pay that.

I think he'll go cheaper and Di Laurentiis will compromise.

Last edited:
Napoli got him 2014 summer from Belgian Genk for 6m pounds at age 23.

We signed Demichelis that summer for CB position and 2015 summer we spent 40m pounds on Mangala.

90m eur is 81m pounds.

Maguire went for 80m, Van Dijk 1.5 year before that for 75m, both at better age tho with PL experience.

I think Koulibaly is better than Maguire easily but not Van Dijk level of leadership and qualities imo. From Napoli to City is a big step up. Some can do some cannot.

Remember Jorginho who was supposed to be the missing piece from Napoli? And he is awful at Chelsea.

Certainly would be much better deal if he was 25 or 26 not 29.
Just so we know your not talking more nonsense, can you tell us how much you know about him with regards to his qualities and leadership, be specific with examples etc.

If you recall, we are happy to walk away from a target if we think they are being over valued or greedy.

Bottom line is don't get wrapped around the axle with the numbers being banded around, you just don't know what our limit is.

Other than that, happy digging

Just watched a World of Football YouTube clip of him. Great passer but he goes to ground and does a sliding tackle to win the ball every time. Worried the number of reds he would get for us.

From the little I’ve seen I don’t get it.

Just watched a World of Football YouTube clip of him. Great passer but he goes to ground and does a sliding tackle to win the ball every time. Worried the number of reds he would get for us.

From the little I’ve seen I don’t get it.
I watched a few Napoli games these last weeks and I don't remember him going to ground once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.