CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Well, it's been brewing ever since I observed the nauseating, hysterical, hyperbolic glee with which the football press responded to the original Der Spiegel stories based on the Football Leaks materials. I've been waiting ever since to have my say once the matter was properly disposed of, a moment that arrived with this week's publication of the full CAS report.

It probably also doesn't help that I'm currently in a Russian hospital undergoing treatment for Covid and associated pneumonia. I can't say I felt in much of a mood to soft-soap my views, to be honest. (I'm doing fine and am much improved compared with my rather pitiful state earlier in the week, thanks.)

Get well soon!

Well, it's been brewing ever since I observed the nauseating, hysterical, hyperbolic glee with which the football press responded to the original Der Spiegel stories based on the Football Leaks materials. I've been waiting ever since to have my say once the matter was properly disposed of, a moment that arrived with this week's publication of the full CAS report.

It probably also doesn't help that I'm currently in a Russian hospital undergoing treatment for Covid and associated pneumonia. I can't say I felt in much of a mood to soft-soap my views, to be honest. (I'm doing fine and am much improved compared with my rather pitiful state earlier in the week, thanks.)
Many thanks for your original post which said everything we all feel.
Please concentrate on your health but your views and knowledge have had a massive impact on many threads.

Get well soon.

Petrusja

Get well soon. My wife is Russian and on one of our trips there, to Zlatoust, we had the misfortune to take our young son to hospital , his leg got burnt by some coffee. Great doctors and nurses, truly vocational and well worth the whisky, so I'm sure you will soon be out. Only problem I had with the hospital was the decor. The hospital wasn't the newest, more likely from the old days!!!

Last edited:

Brilliant stuff mate, hope you’re soon over your illness,onwards and upwards blue.

Glad to hear you're on the mend Peter. Take it easy.

When do we expect to hear from the premier league, they can't sit on their so called investigation forever.

Foolishly turned radio station over to Talksport this morning. Discussion on Sheffield Wednesday punishment saying it's not really a punishment for the owner. Cascarino says there's loads of loopholes whereby an owner can disguise money into the club and then you get wages pushed up and the trouble clubs are in. There's sponsorship. He gave the example of Etihad. Doh. They still haven't got the headline from CAS. NOT disguised equity investment! And we haven't pushed up wages and and investment is not why championship clubs are in trouble. That would be debt and dodgy gambling.

what’s even more laughable though is that these idiots are under the impression that the Etihad deal is our only source of turnover,it equates to approx give or take 10% of our annual turnover -it’s that point alone that is so so laughable , they think every player purchase we make is funded by Etihad.

We've gone through a period where a dearly-loved and long-standing football club has, through Arab capital, overthrown and toppled footballing tradition and the supporters of Manchester City have been exposed to vitriolic reaction for a decade. It's completely understandable and very human.

We have grown weary of this battle but I for one feel blessed that I supported this club before this period and lived through this footballing revolution.

I dearly hope that World War one is now over, and that we can leave the trenches behind. There should now follow a period of hope and recovery but the enemy has not been truly vanquished. It has been defeated on the battle-field but it will grow again, and when the time is right it will gather its forces and attack again, and the football world will again be plunged into war. As our friends from the Villa would say: Be Prepared!

Although this conflict maybe over, I don't think I will ever forgive or accept the journalists who turned their sustained fire on our club, and at times on our supporters. Journalism is a noble profession. We are all people who want to understand and interpret the world and share that view with other people hence the growth of social media but the current industry was almost entirely subsumed by loyalty to the old guard of football, and lacked any moral independence and fortitude. Bigotry has blinded them of an ability to look at facts and interpret them. They were tested by events, and they failed. History will judge them very badly indeed. Will there be a reckoning? That is perhaps for us to decide.

Do not buy or contribute to the commercial media. That is the over-riding lesson of this conflict. They failed football fans. All football fans not just City fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.