COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rossendale - by the way - included in the lockdown today (because of proximity to areas with high ratings) has a pop score far lower than anywhere in GM at 426 and has fewer cases across the entire pandemic than some of the towns in GM have had over the past month. So spare a thought for their residents.
I live in north Rossendale, bordering Burnley.
My mate says we have our own weather system, so when the chance for no rain arrives we are out in the garden.
Looked good for Friday so planned to smoke a brisket for 12 hours and have the family, who mostly work from home, round in the garden. Even since lifting restrictions we haven’t been in one another’s houses.
Spent Thursday preparing the meat for an early start Friday.
Then we get a news alert, Rossendale in lockdown, wtf? However it did say not to meet inside, good we can still go ahead.
Up early Friday preparing the smoker to be told by one of the girls we can’t meet in the garden, it’s been banned. WTFityF? We can’t go in the garden even though we could comfortably seat 20 including social distancing?

She says we can go to the pub, we could all go to the cinema or even church, we could all go to the local Indian Restaurant but we can’t meet in the garden.
We could, I suppose, carry all the gear 500m to the local park, sit around the dog shit and empty cans, and we’d be much safer.
This an area that had one (yes ONE) case last week.
If you break it down even further, our specific ward has had no (that’s nil, 0.0, none, zilch) hospitalisations throughout the lockdown for COVID-19 and therefore no deaths. Between us our family know of only one person who has had a positive test, my father in law who got it when he had to go into hospital with pneumonia.
We have all been careful. Shopping as rarely as possible, meeting no one out of our circle and have not been out anywhere except the odd shop since March. Going to work when needed, but mostly working at home.
And yet, because the useless cunts in Blackburn, Burnley, Oldham and Rochdale are unable to change their pattern of being dickheads I am unable to have a beer with my daughters in the garden.
Whatever happened to ‘local’ or ‘precision’ lockdowns?

We have a few defenders of the faith on here so can anyone explain the rationale behind me not being able to meet my daughters in the garden with social distancing in an area with ZERO cases, whilst we can all get on the bus to Burnley and get rat arsed in one of the many filthy, packed, beer stained drug dens masquerading as pubs they have to offer?

I see people are still wheeling out the 'flu is more deadly' tripe. Care to elaborate?

Go and speak to any medical practitioner worth there salt, who has dealt with patients who have have COVID on the front lines and you'll get a clearer picture on why they are concerned.

Nearly every single person who has had it, has had some sort of lingering issue after having it. This does not happen with the flu.

Nearly every single person? Are you sure about that as I know at least 6 who have been confirmed to have had it and not one has any issue. Whereas my Mum had pneumonia brought on by flu / chest infection and now has to have antibiotics and oxygen at the slightest sign of a cold, never smoked or drank and lungs are ruined.

Not saying no one has ill effects of covid but dont make out it's going to debilitate everyone that's had it.

Facts are during the same living conditions more people are now catching and dying off flu. So please don't compare covid to flu as fly is currently 3 times worse.

My mate says we have our own weather system, so when the chance for no rain arrives we are out in the garden.
Looked good for Friday so planned to smoke a brisket for 12 hours and have the family, who mostly work from home, round in the garden. Even since lifting restrictions we haven’t been in one another’s houses.
Then we get a news alert, Rossendale in lockdown, wtf? However it did say not to meet inside, good we can still go ahead.
Up early Friday preparing the smoker to be told by one of the girls we can’t meet in the garden, it’s been banned. WTFityF? We can’t go in the garden even though we could comfortably seat 20 including social distancing?

She says we can go to the pub, we could all go to the cinema or even church, we could all go to the local Indian Restaurant but we can’t meet in the garden.
We could, I suppose, carry all the gear 500m to the local park, sit around the dog shit and empty cans, and we’d be much safer.
If you break it down even further, our specific ward has had no (that’s nil, 0.0, none, zilch) hospitalisations throughout the lockdown for COVID-19 and therefore no deaths. Between us our family know of only one person who has had a positive test, my father in law who got it when he had to go into hospital with pneumonia.
We have all been careful. Shopping as rarely as possible, meeting no one out of our circle and have not been out anywhere except the odd shop since March. Going to work when needed, but mostly working at home.
And yet, because the useless cunts in Blackburn, Burnley, Oldham and Rochdale are unable to change their pattern of being dickheads I am unable to have a beer with my daughters in the garden.

We have a few defenders of the faith on here so can anyone explain the rationale behind me not being able to meet my daughters in the garden with social distancing in an area with ZERO cases, whilst we can all get on the bus to Burnley and get rat arsed in one of the many filthy, packed, beer stained drug dens masquerading as pubs they have to offer?
Blanket ban on whole of GM is IMO the wrong decision and it should have been more localised. Problems start however when people start asking why one road is in lockdown and not the one ro7nd the corner when they are in same area. People then look for loopholes and being dicks. Next door neighbour’s son who is 20/21 had his girlfriend stay over again last night which hasn’t been allowed for a long time and certainly since this new lockdown isn’t allowed yet being the chav he is he has done it presumably with his parents consent. No deterrent to stop this sort of behaviour nor the mass gatherings which ultimately lead to the situation we have in GM. Selfish few are causing untold misery for the masses but nothing seems to get through their thick heads. Get the army on the streets and dealing with the dickheads in a way many on here won’t like but it seems the only way to make people understand that this virus won’t go away whilst many continue to spread it.

Blanket ban on whole of GM is IMO the wrong decision and it should have been more localised. Problems start however when people start asking why one road is in lockdown and not the one ro7nd the corner when they are in same area. People then look for loopholes and being dicks. Next door neighbour’s son who is 20/21 had his girlfriend stay over again last night which hasn’t been allowed for a long time and certainly since this new lockdown isn’t allowed yet being the chav he is he has done it presumably with his parents consent. No deterrent to stop this sort of behaviour nor the mass gatherings which ultimately lead to the situation we have in GM. Selfish few are causing untold misery for the masses but nothing seems to get through their thick heads. Get the army on the streets and dealing with the dickheads in a way many on here won’t like but it seems the only way to make people understand that this virus won’t go away whilst many continue to spread it.
The army on the street stopping people seeing their girlfriends is a country I don’t want to live in, virus or no virus.

Can't believe there are still people comparing it to flu. Take away 4 mths+ of social distancing, lockdown etc and there is no comparison. Those who try are either thick or have an agenda they are pushing.

no just facts that people are currently dying 3 times more of flu than Covid .

shielding face masks social distancing will have also helped prevent people catching flu as well so it just seems a bit odd.

Flu rates are down in some places in the northern hemesphere because of the covid restrictions in place, maybe social distancing and wearing masks during flu season would be a good idea going forward too

yeah let’s give up on life. So what you are saying is you can cancel all football with fans sport rugby and all gigs over the winter. Pubs and basically life.

we used to manage just fine and enjoy actually living before Covid.

Obviously it is has zero to do with stopping Eid gatherings, and if people have a party in the garden they inevitably use the house for toilets.

Whilst Rossendale has low numbers is is completely surrounded by other restricted areas, and if you can't have a party in Hyndburn or Blackburn you may go to a relative in Haslingden and no one knows where you have come from.

Yet in the local national mini supermarket no one has a mask on, and social distancing has been ignored since day one as it is near impossible, the pub next door has 2-4 smokers outside constantly blocking the pavement and the usual alcoholics propping up the bar. Nothing is enforced and people do what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.