Newcastle United takeover?

Apology accepted. Now you realise what is really going on, the true scandal in football and, in my opinion even worse, the level of collaboration and collusion in the media.

He has a lot of views and follows so in a way he has power to inform fans of these American owners and where it’s heading! Leeds have American owners if Fulham come up there owner is American so how many American owners would that be? The dream numbers Fenway and the Glazers want is 14 then they have the ultimate power.

Apology accepted. Now you realise what is really going on, the true scandal in football and, in my opinion even worse, the level of collaboration and collusion in the media.

"You have to walk in another man's shoes to understand his life" springs to mind.

Until another club has had a taste of the possibilities of a rich owner wanting to invest in your club, their fans just don't get it.
Even the rags were getting giddy when they heard rumours of a Saudi take over. (editing and deleting posts won't save their embarrassment, i saw the posts on sadcafe etc)

He was right when he said a rich owner cannot just come in and do what he wants. There does need to be a level playing field.
I still believe FFP could work if it was done for the benefit of the leagues and not to protect a select few. Deal with debt first, then look at prize money filtering down the league. (a percentage of prize money having to be shared
)
We didn't have any say in our take over. Who wouldn't want a rich owner willing to spend big money to achieve success?
We've been battered with the money stick since.
The thing is our owner didn't come in with the intention of spending silly money, they had a sustainable business plan.
It was the FA and UEFA that overreacted under pressure from other clubs. Hence FFP was hurriedly introduced.
This meant City had to accelerate our plans, spending big, almost proving their point!

It doesn't seem to matter now, that we have moved on to the original goal of self sustainability. We don't have the most expensive players, wage bill or inflate the transfer market. But you wouldn't know it from they way the press and commentators portray us. There is still daily references to "big spending City", constant comparisons during matches when playing lower ranked teams to the "gulf in riches" etc.

I have one simple retort when accused by somebody insinuating that our success is just down to money, and that their clubs "has done it the right way" with money earnt. Forgetting that they would have had an initial large investment somewhere down the line, i just stump them with one question.

"I will buy your beer all night if you can explain how City could have overtaken or at least competed with the current top four of the time any other way?"
Never had to buy a beer yet!

Last edited:
He has a lot of views and follows so in a way he has power to inform fans of these American owners and where it’s heading! Leeds have American owners if Fulham come up there owner is American so how many American owners would that be? The dream numbers Fenway and the Glazers want is 14 then they have the ultimate power.
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/posts/12860197/

Shove your apology up your arse. The damage is already done. Words like cheating, sportswashing etc have been banded about in every mention of City. The words are automatically associated with City because of bitter wankers like this. No amount of false apologies can reverse that.

Last edited:
Shove your apology up your arse. The damage is already done. Words like cheating, sportswashing etc have been banded about in every mention of City. The words are automatically associated with City because of bitter wankers like this. No amount of false apologies can reverse that.

Spot on

Did I like it when people used to laugh at City? Not really, but did we as a club ever conspire with 8 other clubs to another’s detriment? No, not in our 100 year history..
I think there’s an argument that’s exactly what we did (with 21 other clubs, not 8) when we conspired to form the Premier League.

Last edited:

The trouble with this is that, if you adopt this argument, there is absolutely no point in trying to persuade people that we have been right all along. Arguing and railing against our enemies achieves nothing. Anyone who shows an inclination to come into the fold, no matter how late, is welcome in my book and the more stark their conversion is, the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.