COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
me too , none of it makes any sense .

you , like my wife will have been shielding.

guess what we live in gtr manchester so we are locked down again Because it’s scary again, but shielding people are allowed out now !!!

I am not playing down the seriousness of Covid or the sadness of those who have suffered from it but all the numbers , stats , responses of different countries , effects don’t seem to make any sense to me.
No way i'm going out if i don't need too. I will continue to support the economy online and stay in. I hear that it's something like 1 in 2000 people have it but i also read that that is roughly the same odds as bumping into someone you know in the town centre, yet that happens all the time. No thanks. The thing is if we relax rules too much the deaths will rise so a medium has to be found, there is no doubt about that but there are no easy answers. The thing im hoping for if non of these vaccines work 100% is that they do trigger an immune response that will hopefully make cases far less severe and measure can be relaxed by quite a lot.

Towns full of lads drinking at the same table ect not a fucking chance they are from the same household.
It will be the same all over Greater Manchester , Lancashire and West Yorkshire, the only way it can be stopped is by closing pubs down which economically would be a disaster . Not much light at the end of the tunnel at the moment, I reckon nothing will have improved this time next year . The outlook is grim , either the economy is opened up and infection rises or its lockdown, in which case the economy collapses.

After the pandemic has finished we should nominate certain blue moon members as scientific advisors, this is a new virus which has been around 6 months and some on here know more than the leading epidemiologists in the world
Think I have blocked most of the experts so I will just copy and paste my blocked list. Mind you the server will need more bandwidth

Seeing a loved one isn’t selfish.

Having a mass house party is but how many out of the population are doing that?
Having a loved one to stay is selfish as are mass gatherings. Liverpool, Coventry and Leeds fans to name a few. Beaches, BLM protests, Eid parties, funerals etc. Pubs are packed and landlords don’t give a fuck. Track and trace isn’t effective as many places aren’t taking details hence the only ones being traced are close friends and relatives. This is why, IMO, this lockdown is trying to slow this down

I know it is Saturday - but recall these are Friday figures so not weekend data.

So today is a record low for ANY day in England hospital deaths back to the start of the pandemic.

Just 4 deaths - 0 from yesterday and 0 from the NW.

Last Saturday there were 25 for comparison.

We will hopefully have a single figure UK hospital death total today.

Having a loved one to stay is selfish as are mass gatherings. Liverpool, Coventry and Leeds fans to name a few. Beaches, BLM protests, Eid parties, funerals etc. Pubs are packed and landlords don’t give a fuck. Track and trace isn’t effective as many places aren’t taking details hence the only ones being traced are close friends and relatives. This is why, IMO, this lockdown is trying to slow this down

‘pubs are packed’ are they?. I’ve been to the city centre quite a bit over the lockdown/ few weeks and haven’t seen them packed. Maybe for the odd weekend. Same near where I live.

most pubs you have book a table as well.

For what it is worth

31 July 0 after 1 day.

30 July added 1 - so 2 after 2 days.

29 July added 0 - so 4 after 3 days.

28 July added 1 - so 7 after 4 days.

27 July added 1 - so 7 after 5 days.

26 July added 1 - so 11 after 6 days.

That is all.

So that is now five of the last eight 5 day add on totals that are single figures. Indeed they are 8 or less.

Whatever else is happening with the virus, deaths in hospital are happily still falling.

Scotland data better too.

0 deaths for 16th day now. 18 cases (down from 27 last week and 30 yesterday) - 0.5% of tests carried out. It was 0.8% yesterday.

3 in ICU (- 1) and 260 in hospital, Same as yesterday or possibly + 5 as Nicola said 255 yesterday but the Beta stats last night had 260.

Just checked the raw NHS data. It is up 5 from 255 yesterday to 260 today. But down 18 over the week.

Last edited:
I agree with the general premise of what you’re saying and I agree most of what you’ve listed is a bunch of selfish pricks but I don’t think enforcing it with the military is a country I’d ever want to live in, I’d rather take my chance with the virus than someone putting a gun in my face saying I can’t see my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.