Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounding more and more like he is off.

Just wondering if City have pulled off a nice little earner here. They have given Garcia a nice run of games with little at stake and in doing so have boosted his value up considerably.
If Bara want him, which it looks certain they do, it's going to cost them a lot of $, especially as news his contract still has 2 years to run.
Don't have an opionion on this but for those that have seen more than me of Garcia, Harwood Bellis and Adaradiyobo if it needed to be a choice and keeping Garcia but losing Harwood Bellis and Adaradiyobo either on loan or permanently or losing Garcia and letting Harwood Bellis and Adaradiyobo stay and battle for the 4th centre back spot what would people prefer. Get the impression for those that have seen more it would be the latter.

Barca are doing exactly what Txiki and our acquisition team like to do to other clubs. Convince the player to come then knock down the fee because there is no effective competition. We just did the same to Valencia for Ferran Torres.

(It might be why we don't get Koulibaly?)

I fear you might be right about that. I would love to have Koulibaly here but the more I read about it, the less I think it will happen.

If Barca comes with a 20m offer, use the money to get Koulibaly or Diego Carlos. Garcia is decent but I really don't see anything special. And I believe TBH will be at his level soon enough under Pep's guidance. We'd have Koulibaly, Stones, Ake, Laporte, and TBH, Adarabioyo and Fernandinho as cover. That should be enough to weather the level of CB injuries we had all season.

Don't have an opionion on this but for those that have seen more than me of Garcia, Harwood Bellis and Adaradiyobo if it needed to be a choice and keeping Garcia but losing Harwood Bellis and Adaradiyobo either on loan or permanently or losing Garcia and letting Harwood Bellis and Adaradiyobo stay and battle for the 4th centre back spot what would people prefer. Get the impression for those that have seen more it would be the latter.
Garcia ok as 4th choice the other two, nowhere near good enough.

If Barca comes with a 20m offer, use the money to get Koulibaly or Diego Carlos. Garcia is decent but I really don't see anything special. And I believe TBH will be at his level soon enough under Pep's guidance. We'd have Koulibaly, Stones, Ake, Laporte, and TBH, Adarabioyo and Fernandinho as cover. That should be enough to weather the level of CB injuries we had all season.

Tal Ben Haim?

Tosin was a miles better defender at the same age imo. Garcia better footballer. Likewise THB= defender, not as confident on the ball as Garcia but good.

I thought Tosin was dogshit for WBA & looked like he was on his way down the leagues, but apparently has looked the part for Blackburn.

No idea whether they will make it, but both are better defenders than Garcia so far.

Tal Ben Haim, ugh....shudders!!!

Britain has no BS in the media? Wow, how lucky for you - still love to see this alleged evidence

There have been no credible links for his return to Barca until recently, in Spain or elsewhere. And, frankly, it's normal that there have been no links as he arrived as a 16 year old to play under a Barca legend in Pep. Plus, what makes it even more normal for a return link now is his contract, his role, Barca's situation and the knowledge that Pep will not remain at City forever

I suggest you read the comments again as you or i seem to have got your/my knickers in a twist, but you do look very foolish demanding evidence of newspaper gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.