COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales had 2 deaths (half the number in England again despite having 3 million people versus 56 million in England.

But cases down to 21 from 8246 tests - which is 0.25% so a bigger fall than Scotland.

Promising data.

And a new low UK hospital death number of 6. We have not seen that number since the very early days. I think 13 March was the last time we had a UK number that low

Last edited:
Last Saturday the UK hospital death total was 25. It became 61 when 36 out of hospital deaths were added later.

UK Cases reported last Saturday were 767 from 157, 229 tests - 140 779 of them pillar 1 & 2

That's about 0.55% for comparison with the data from Scotland and Wales

Or 0.5% if you base it on all the tests as Scotland and Wales seem to be doing.

I agree with the general premise of what you’re saying and I agree most of what you’ve listed is a bunch of selfish pricks but I don’t think enforcing it with the military is a country I’d ever want to live in, I’d rather take my chance with the virus than someone putting a gun in my face saying I can’t see my family.
Talking about the army ensuring no mass gatherings, riots etc occur rather than stopping you see family. One person seeing a family member isn’t the issue whereas mass gatherings are

The lowest Saturday reported all settings death number since the start in March is 40 by the way - two weeks ago today. But last week out of hospital deaths went up from 27 to 36 so we may well not beat that.

What was that 120 deaths mentioned by Clive on the BBC News last night (doing the rounds on twitter?) - I only caught a glimpse and its either been doctored or someone with an agenda or a mistake by the BBC?

120 was yesterdays all settings deaths. From everywhere in the UK - care homes - at home - etc - many of them occurring days or weeks ago.

Friday numbers can be high as they seem to have a lot of end of week catch up.

The media report as if they all literally died yesterday but most didn't because deaths take time to register or even establish they were caused by Covid. Some of them reported in that daily figure can have occurred months ago. And if they had Covid, got over it in April and then got hit by a bus last week they were recording it as a Covid related death. Not sure if they have changed that yet. They were considering it.

The figures I gave here this morning are the numbers occurring in a UK hospital whose death was reported yesterday. That is just 6 (4 in England & 2 in Wales) and at least 4 of them did not actually die yesterday but earlier last week.

The all settings figure will be higher because it adds the non hospital deaths onto that 6.

Indeed all settings deaths do seem to be rising.

Just reported todays number is 74 - which is far higher than I had hoped given we were at such a low hospital base point.

This is the second Saturday on the run that number has risen.

Two Saturdays ago UK hospital deaths were 13 and out of hospital deaths 27 = total of 40

Last Saturday UK hospital deaths were 25 and out of hospital deaths 36 = total of 61

Today UK hospital deaths were 6 and out of hospital deaths 68 = total of 74.

That is a rather concerning rise in out of hospital deaths and might be masking the apparent good news if it is occurring because hospitals are sending people home to die to get the numbers off their books.

Not suggesting they are but this is something I trust someone is looking into in government as it looks a disturbing pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.