Reduced Prices on Meals on the Gov...

Is there any indication restaurants have put up prices to make a bit more money from this scheme?

I think it’s fucking madness.

I, like many others my age, will be paying this off for 50 years.

Restaurants and pubs are rammed now, what’s the point?

Are they?

I genuinely do not know.

I don't disagree with you, it is admirable to want to help that particular sector of that particular industry. But what about others? Appreciate the effort, but what is the cost and to whom. And will it ultimately put a strain on the NHS again, after we have all sacrificed so much to try avoid just that.

If i've made a choice to avoid pubs and restaurants, on behalf of society more than anything else, a discount isn't going to tempt me. And many keen to go would go regardless, imho. So who is it really helping, and is ot worth it?

Last edited:
Are they?

I genuinely do not know.

I don't disagree with you, it is admirable to want to help that paricular sector of that particular industry. But what about others? appreciate the effort, but what os the cost and to who. And will it ultimately put a strain on the NHS again, after we have all sacrificed so much to try avoid just that.

If i've made a choice to avoid pubs and restaurants, on behalf of society more than anything else, a discount isn't going to tempt me. And many keen to go would go regardless, imho. So who is it really helping, and is ot worth it?
I’ve been out quite a bit since it’s been reopened and everywhere is busy.

I went in a restaurant for my birthday last week and every table was fully booked, we tried to add 2 on to our table and couldn’t it was that full.

Just been in the pub and the beer garden and inside was totally full, obviously just table service but every table taken.

This is typical of what I’ve seen for the last few weeks and speaking with others.

I think it’s absolutely mental.

I went in a restaurant for my birthday last week and every table was fully booked, we tried to add 2 on to our table and couldn’t it was that full.

Thanks, have not ventured to any yet, but obviously they have only really just re-opened up here. Will see how it goes, but why not help hotels, or retail, or building sites, etc.

Just been in the pub and the beer garden and inside was totally full, obviously just table service but every table taken.

This is typical of what I’ve seen for the last few weeks and speaking with others.

They don’t want people to mix in houses but it’s ok in restaurants? We went in one yesterday on the off chance and it was full at lunchtime. I couldn’t see much evidence of steps to keep it safe.

You may think it's mental but you've just said you've been out quite a bit yourself, so you are just compounding the madness along with all the other clowns.

You may think it's mental but you've just said you've been out quite a bit yourself, so you are just compounding the madness along with all the other clowns.
Hahaha re read my few posts on this thread, you’re the clown.

The government paying for half of people’s meals is what I think is mental, not people going out to eat and drink.

And I bet you’ve just stayed in your bedroom like a coward.

It's not just the fast food brigade that's in on the deal but also the middle to high end gastronomic eateries that ply trade for the civilized bods still possessing a taste bud or three. My wife and I shall be frequent visitors to Nutters (hes a tv chef that tries to sell you his book while your busy eating), Ashoka of Rawtenstall for our Indian fix, Ninos an Italian eatery in the Rawtenstall or Stall and a very good one at that, Timothy Wetherspoon for his amazing mid week Fish Chip and Pea productions, the Top Brink on Todmorden Moor will deffo get a visit as will La Mancha of Rochdale.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.