FA Cup Final | Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

Who do you want to win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait a minute. Are we saying that the Premier league, the FA and numerous chairman and CEO's decided that Arsenal needed to be in Europe therefore they, via a nominated individual or elected group, approached pgmol or Anthony Taylor directly and ordered or coerced them into taking part in fraudulent and possibly criminal behaviour in order to achieve a favourable result that meant an elected team won a match via said match being 'fixed' and officiated unfairly? How many people do we think were privy to this dynamite information? How many do you think will keep it quiet and not blow the whistle?

I wonder when the discussion took place for this to happen? Did Mike Riley order Anthony Taylor to officiate the game in a particular way knowing that this would favour Arsenal? Or did he employ the sledgehammer approach and simply told him to 'make sure Arsenal win'.

This could be huge if it got out. I hope some serious journalists are reading this because if they are they'll be telling the editor to hold the front page.

Ok let's put it like this. If this was a champions league R16 KO game between Barcelona and Shaktar Donetsk, would Donestk be given the decisions arsenal got today. Has any small club benefited from ref decisions in a big way in last 10 years in UEFA competitions ?

If VAR cannot intervene on such a red, then that is wrong.

The one decision that he got completely wrong on his own was the free kick in the last minutes of the game when Pedro(?) was barged from behind. That would have given Chelsea a chance just outside the box but he gave nothing. That was do bad I dropped my toast in disbelief, and I never drop my toast.
Butter side down, too.

Ok let's put it like this. If this was a champions league R16 KO game between Barcelona and Shaktar Donetsk, would Donestk be given the decisions arsenal got today. Has any small club benefited from ref decisions in a big way in last 10 years in UEFA competitions ?

I just think everyone's gone a but too tin foil hat on this one, it's a step too far.

BTW Barca against Shaktar is a bad comparison for Arse and Chelsea.

I just think everyone's gone a but too tin foil hat on this one, it's a step too far.

BTW Barca against Shaktar is a bad comparison for Arse and Chelsea.

Why I made that comparison is to prove that corruption is rampant in football and officials have been manipulating results for years.
If it was a coincidence why has the reverse not happened.

If an attacker is making his way into the penalty area and gets fouled VAR is used to determine whether or not the offence was committed outside the area, on the line, or a foot inside. Why cannot it do the same but in reverse - a goalkeeper coming out of his area and whether the ball was in, on the line or outside? It confirms what I've always thought about VAR - it can manipulate a scoreline.

The arbitration of the game was shambolic before VAR, but VAR has simply added to the notion that the application of the LotG that reflect as accurately as possible what went on during the ninety minutes is as remote as it's always been! And the laughable thing is that what they try to 'fix' via the LotG simply renders what was admissible in one season as anathema in another.

Why I made that comparison is to prove that corruption is rampant in football and officials have been manipulating results for years.
If it was a coincidence why has the reverse not happened.

I don't think your example is corruption though, its simply poor uefa refs often from backstick European peasant countries with z list leagues and football teams who, when faced with the awe inspiring all powerfull diety that is Barca and Real naturally defer to the superpower and pressure and end up handing the game to them on a plate.

If it's so bent why did the ref 'help us' against Real at their own ground?

They're pressured into favouring the big teams simply because they're the big teams and theyre spineless, gutless, incompetent useless officials punching way beyind their weight.

If VAR cannot intervene on such a red, then that is wrong.

The one decision that he got completely wrong on his own was the free kick in the last minutes of the game when Pedro(?) was barged from behind. That would have given Chelsea a chance just outside the box but he gave nothing. That was do bad I dropped my toast in disbelief, and I never drop my toast.
Butter side down, too.

He got the penalty + card decision wrong as well.

The BBC (via Dan Walker) said at half time the reason they were told by the referees it was not a red card for Azpilicueta was because he was deemed to be making a reasonable attempt at the ball - which is complete bollocks.

Pulling the attacker back to stop them scoring is the dictionary example of why that exemption was made to the new double jeopardy ruling and Azpilicueta should have been sent off.

They should have been down to 10 men much sooner.

If an attacker is making his way into the penalty area and gets fouled VAR is used to determine whether or not the offence was committed outside the area, on the line, or a foot inside. Why cannot it do the same but in reverse - a goalkeeper coming out of his area and whether the ball was in, on the line or outside? It confirms what I've always thought about VAR - it can manipulate a scoreline.

The arbitration of the game was shambolic before VAR, but VAR has simply added to the notion that the application of the LotG that reflect as accurately as possible what went on during the ninety minutes is as remote as it's always been! And the laughable thing is that what they try to 'fix' via the LotG simply renders what was admissible in one season as anathema in another.

For me, it wasn't just VAR. It was the way Taylor broke up Chelsea's play for the slightest contact and gave a foul,
but allowed Arsenal to strong arm. We know, first hand, how this can affect the game.

I can’t stand arsenal. The players dive and roll about and their fans are awful

The referee today stopped play so much and it was pretty much every tackle was apparently a foul

I think Alty was having trouble distinguishing the darker blue of CFC for the lighter blue of MCFC. Does the Chelsea red card fellah look at all like Ferny?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.