FA Cup Final | Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

Who do you want to win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me, it wasn't just VAR. It was the way Taylor broke up Chelsea's play for the slightest contact and gave a foul,
but allowed Arsenal to strong arm. We know, first hand, how this can affect the game.

Absolutely. Professionals know when they've been shafted, and the way football is governed you apparently have to take every shafting on the chin. Taylor was his usual disgraceful self. How that guy has ever got beyond the ninety-ninth tier of football reffing I will never know.

Missed the game. What decisions were ‘dodgy’?
Gave everything to Arsenal. Think it was about 14 free kicks to 2.
Booked Mount for getting kicked by an Arsenal player.
2nd yellow = red for a nothing tackle.
Arsenal keeper handles outside his box, not even looked at or var
Every touch on an Arsenal player was a foul, with the players screaming like a baby as they went down
Push in the back on Pedro just outside the box near the end, nothing given
Soft penalty to Arsenal

but Chelsea had the same performance off him in their favour v us a few seasons back so fuck them :)

He got the penalty + card decision wrong as well.

The BBC (via Dan Walker) said at half time the reason they were told by the referees it was not a red card for Azpilicueta was because he was deemed to be making a reasonable attempt at the ball - which is complete bollocks.

Pulling the attacker back to stop them scoring is the dictionary example of why that exemption was made to the new double jeopardy ruling and Azpilicueta should have been sent off.

They should have been down to 10 men much sooner.

I did say ‘on his own’.

With ‘help’ he’s capable of many more mistakes.

I don't think your example is corruption though, its simply poor uefa refs often from backstick European peasant countries with z list leagues and football teams who, when faced with the awe inspiring all powerfull diety that is Barca and Real naturally defer to the superpower and pressure and end up handing the game to them on a plate.

If it's so bent why did the ref 'help us' against Real at their own ground?

They're pressured into favouring the big teams simply because they're the big teams and theyre spineless, gutless, incompetent useless officials punching way beyind their weight.
Agreed

Absolutely. Professionals know when they've been shafted, and the way football is governed you apparently have to take every shafting on the chin. Taylor was his usual disgraceful self. How that guy has ever got beyond the ninety-ninth tier of football reffing I will never know.

One positive. At least he won't be doing another FA cup final.

Dreadful final, terrible refereeing. Arteta has Arsenal organised much better than before, but it looks like he's coaching them heavily in the dark arts.

I can't stand cheating, even if it is City. The way the Arsenal players went to ground, yelling each time like kids after a playground fall, is a disgrace to Arsenal, and to Arteta. I would take absolutely no pleasure if City had won based on that performance.

Chelsea were poor, and I don't like all their players. But at least they gave an honest performance. Frank is the moral winner.

I don't think your example is corruption though, its simply poor uefa refs often from backstick European peasant countries with z list leagues and football teams who, when faced with the awe inspiring all powerfull diety that is Barca and Real naturally defer to the superpower and pressure and end up handing the game to them on a plate.

If it's so bent why did the ref 'help us' against Real at their own ground?

They're pressured into favouring the big teams simply because they're the big teams and theyre spineless, gutless, incompetent useless officials punching way beyind their weight.
Ah so you were not being sarcastic you think it is down to incompetence and the fact the officials are scared of the big teams . The way we were reffed in the first leg of the Madrid game was to show us that if we play ball with Uefa, do as they want then once in awhile we could get a result. We didnt play ball i expect the ref will be a different proposition next Friday evening .

Ah so you were not being sarcastic you think it is down to incompetence and the fact the officials are scared of the big teams . The way we were reffed in the first leg of the Madrid game was to show us that if we play ball with Uefa, do as they want then once in awhile we could get a result. We didnt play ball i expect the ref will be a different proposition next Friday evening .

Go to your kitchen, get your colander out, and put it on your head.

It will protect you from the illuminati death rays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.