Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
The love is cultivated. I don't presume to know what it takes or means to be a Blue but I know what it means to be a cule, particularly if you are Catalan

How is the love cultivated ? How does this compare to other clubs ? I have been surprised in recent times how much some non english people associated with this club have become very passionate about it and even knowledgable about the city the club the fans emotions etc as if they have not only enjoyed being here but have studied the club, e.g Peps out burst pre and post CAS, things like Sumerbee always being around the place I feel sure that players have mentioned other former players from that era Think they had things to say about Bert Trautmann and others when they passed.

I keep saying this and you do not listen so I will say it once last time you make it sound like they spend there days learning about Barcelona in some sort of Barcelona reeducation / propaganda unit and not developing the skills of football. How does this all compare to other clubs especially in England where generally we have a longer history (we are older than you guys) The origins of British clubs are much more natural and working class then elsewhere where they where implanted by British people.

What is the Barcelona culture ? How does it differ from other clubs ?

How does it over ride other considerations like chances of playing, the quality of facilities here not having to move the ability to better invest in the club due to more manageable wages less debt, better management, The support of the CFG group and larger scouting network more consistency in terms of owner management and coaching team etc etc

No. It's because Ake was at chelsea for years in their academy. Angelino is Spanish but counts as homegrown

I know but it’s a joke of a rule like the one my great great grandmother was Irish I’m South African but it qualifies me to play for them

Thought I'd put this in here because no one really goes on the Tosin thread. Is Tosin actually good enough to be playing for us? If we were buying a CB from a mid table championship team with the intention of him being first team rotation, there would be uproar in here, look at some posters reactions to bringing in Ake, a premier league proven player easily good enough to start for us. So, is Tosin good enough, or do people just want him because he's City through and through and he's already ours?

How the fuck can you be homegrown if your Dutch don’t give a fuck if he’s been at Chelsea since he was a kid if your Dutch your Dutch the rules are wank
That’s your opinion, but fact is he qualifies under the “home grown” umbrella and was a significant reason why we signed him. Whether you agree or disagree with the fee or player being good enough is one thing. But you can’t argue against the rule that he’s home grown.

Any Ake news?

No?

I'll come back tomorrow then!

Given this is the eric garcia thread..

Oh wait it is not, just yet another thread that the barca worshipper has overtaken with his fucking neverending broken record chat, how much fucking time do people have!

Can we set up a we love barca thread that he can preach on and stop derailing every other one with literally the exact same comments over and over.

Right or wrong (or partially selectively right) it is fuuuuucking tedious, even completely skipping over them.

Why on earth are people still responding?

He’s being pedantic. Ake technically isn’t home grown, but is Association Trained, which allows him to be one of the AT players in any squad in England whilst being Dutch.

That is 'homegrown'.

The other category is 'club trained'

I don't like multiple interchange references, homegrown seems to be the term for the national leagues.

That’s your opinion, but fact is he qualifies under the “home grown” umbrella and was a significant reason why we signed him. Whether you agree or disagree with the fee or player being good enough is one thing. But you can’t argue against the rule that he’s home grown.

Still a shit rule though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.