Harry Kane

Why not? If the right player is available to seriously improve us and Pep thinks he's worth it then we should sign him. Cost is irrelevant whether it's the right player on a free or for £150m. We don't have or need a policy stating that we're not allowed to break any transfer records.

If Kane helps us take the title back off the scouse twats then it doesn't matter what he costs.
Then the question needing answered is, would he seriously improve us, I'm not so sure

I don't see why we need anyone, we have five forwards; Sterling, Aguero, Mahrez, Jesus and Torres. We also have Foden and Bernardo who can interchange between midfield and forward positions at will.

Thinking about the amount of goals he'd get in this team really is mouth watering.

I don't think it would have to be Kane, just someone 'different' who also knows where the net is.

Imagine a side bus parking for 70 mins, working their balls off & even Dzeko comes off the bench, with KDB swinging crosses in, Aguero on the rebounds etc, Foden on the edge of the box ?

Suddenly, chaos.

The rags won most of their titles just by causing unplanned chaos & picking up the pieces (or diving).

The thing I like about Kane in this team is 3 things:

- he has amazing link up play and long balls. Some of his long passes really really surprised me.

- he is a pure goal scorer. He has the smell for goal for sure

- finally a Fucken target man for those amazing crosses we do....

- English and home grown

------

Things I don't like:

- his price would be astronomical. I cannot see spurs selling him for anything under £130m and thats if they are needing money

- he has had significant serious injury issues to his ankles. He is almost damaged goods and is 27 now.

- his speed is quite lacking

- will he press like we want him too in the Pep system?

They are my pros and cons. Overall don't think it makes sense at his price. At that price he shouldnt have any negative concerns...

£100m for player with dodgy injury history? Nah.

If you spend that kind of money then it should not be a big risk like this one.

Agree that scoring goals over the course of a season is not our problem but I do think we have a big problem scoring goals against better sides or when things aren’t going all our own way. I think we were flat track bullies this season. When we are playing well we run riot but when the pressure is on and chances are limited we have bottled in front of goal. Aguero is another year older, still good but declining as he’s now past his peak and always had injuries which will surely only get more frequent if we expect him to be our main centre forward. We do need someone to come in, be clinical and bag 30+ a season and IMO it should be a priority. Pep is not an idiot and he will see that.

Son is quality and can be versatile but most of his best work comes from the left of a front 3 but Raz has got that place nailed down.
We don’t have a problem with scoring against any team once we have opened them up, Liverpool at the Etihad and United in the semi final at Old Trafford prove that. What we do have a problem with is when any team defends really deep, like Southampton, who with all due respect are not a top team. We need a better tactic than lobbing the ball in from the wrong angle And giving the opponent centre half heading practice. I think a better tactic would be to play your wingers on the other side and not inverting them. We did this to great effect in the centurion season I realise that we had Leroy then but I feel it would work again, crossing low from the byline is for me a better way of opening teams up, we have become a bit predictable but Pep will sort this out. Losing 9 games isn’t in his script.

Last edited:
I don think he would - for spurs he doesnt play against the 10 man defence that we do every week - he doesnt operate in tight spaces like Kun, Sterling and Jesus

No, he plays as part of a 10 man defence - while recovering from a major injury - and still finishes the season as the best striker in the league.

If Sterling can bag 30 in all competitions while falling over his own feet for half of the season, Kane would be looking at 40 minimum here.

He is 27 years old and has won nothing with his club and I don't see them winning anything in the coming years either. He has to leave if he wants to win something and he is fully in his rights to ask for a move after the years he's given them.
The only stumbling block I see is Levy. He will ask for something out of this world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.