FA Cup Final | Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

Who do you want to win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still remember the days when Haringay/Harringey were the meedya dahlings, more so than the Rags. Mind, when they won the double they had some fuckin' team! Does that guy with the live cockerel still go to matches. I remember him climbing over the concrete wall at Maine Road carrying the bird. Yer don't get that kind of thing anymore, just folk lobbing half house bricks at coaches.
A lady in Welsh? dress throwing sweets into the crowd and 'grown ups' throwing them back when there were poor starving kids would have loved them? ;)

I get the impression you're not quite a fan, then?

It's really tough love with VAR..

On one hand, it's a good idea that could add value to the game, similar to the aids used in Cricket, Rugby and Tennis but on the other hand, I'm yet to be convinced it's not being used to assist certain teams and manipulate results in other games..

There is no accountability which again leaves it open to abuse.

Decisions need to be explained..

Referees need to be mic'd up..

Fans attending games need to be able to view VAR calls on the big screens in stadiums..

Clubs such as the rags and dippers need to be told to install big screens..

VAR officials should be in each stadium not hidden away in a different location..

Pitchside monitors should be used by the on field referee on every VAR decision..

Referees making regular poor calls should be demoted, not given FA Cup Finals to oversee..

It's got to the stage when you just cannot believe what you are watching, this coupled with having the joy of celebrating a goal sucked out of you every time has done nothing to promote VAR within the game as a bastion of fairness and honesty..!

Based on the above, you are correct crazyg, I'm not really a fan of VAR..!

What irks me and its clear from the tv footage and commentary is tv are hooked up on all audio feeds between the ref, linesmen and VAR as within a second yesterday of one incident they told us VAR was looking at it and often they let slip a decision well before the ref or VAR does.

No reason for that given its supposed to be secretive and impartial other than they are all literally in this together.

Fans attending games need to be able to view VAR calls on the big screens in stadiums..

VAR officials should be in each stadium not hidden away in a different location..

Pitchside monitors should be used by the on field referee on every VAR decision..

Referees making regular poor calls should be demoted, not given FA Cup Finals to oversee..

I'm with you, 100%.

This is exactly what VAR shoud be used for..

Kovacic was himself fouled but was sent off.. The keeper looked well outside the area when he caught the ball, no replay shown. If he was outside the area he should have been sent off..

Two, potentially game changing decisions VAR should have been used for and both completely ignored..

Instead VAR is doing the job it's been brought in to do, awarding penalties to the rags, like the one at Villa away or drawing curved lines across the pitch to rule goals offside by a toenail..

I cannot remember before VAR was brought in the number of contentious decisions being as high as they are now..

What's changed ? Why are referees now so incompetent ?

Why are there now more piss poor decisions being dished out by VAR than there were ever before VAR was installed ?

VAR being brought in to assist the referees and bring fairness and remove doubt within the game is the biggest con ever..

This season has seen a major shift in the manipulation of football results, resulting in the old guard suddenly becoming relevant again..

I couldn't give a shit about Arsenal or Chelsea to be honest but Arsenal qualifying for Europe, albeit in the Europa League, keeps them in the spotlight and keeps the bean counters happy..

Dippers
Us (tried their best to fcuk us over and remove us from the list btw)
Rags
Chavs
Spuds
Arse

So much better for the brand than..

Dippers
Us
Leicester
Wolves
Sheff U

I see the barcodes have been fcuked off now, can't have too much competition as VAR is at full capacity as it is, dishing out favorable decisions left, right and centre to the chosen ones who play in red..

Having to manage another club to fcuk over might be too much for them..

They can't be seen to be leaving themselves exposed to being rumbled for being the biggest pile of steaming, bent, twisted, underhand, darkened room, faceless, unaccountable fkin bunch of cheats that they are now can they..!

As conspiracies go, this is a humdinger. You can’t really believe all that? Surely, not. BTW handling outside the area is a direct free kick and a yellow, not a red and VAR showed it was on the line i.e. in the area so no infringement

On one hand, it's a good idea that could add value to the game, similar to the aids used in Cricket, Rugby and Tennis but on the other hand, I'm yet to be convinced it's not being used to assist certain teams and manipulate results in other games..

It's got to the stage when you just cannot believe what you are watching, this coupled with having the joy of celebrating a goal sucked out of you every time has done nothing to promote VAR within the game as a bastion of fairness and honesty..!

You've got more love for VAR than I have!
I can't disagree with any of the points raised, as I have said this on many an occasion in previous threads.
The main thing VAR lacks is transparency. It's a sad indictment of the system that the match - going fans are the last to know the outcome of any decision made by the officials, which is unlike any other major sport using the system.

It's almost if they have something to hide.

Spot on

Lots of neutrals seem to agree Alti Fan was on the take yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.