Rugby League - Super League 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I’m cracking open the Aldi lagers in celebration. Outplayed for 65 minutes but looked a different team down to 12 players.

Some brilliant games today but a mate’s told me that the main RL story for the media is Israel Folau not taking a knee. I hope he’s making this up!

A great advert for the neutral. I like the new rules. Anything to promote an even more flowing game, gets my vote, although it's a shame that forward passes are now being ignored.

Welcome Quagmire Blue, to the home of the bewildered.I only thought myself and Psychedelic Casual were the only two inmates

On a side point, Sky's coverage goes from bad to worse.
There's a huge thread on Bluemoon about Micah's punditry "skills". He's very raw, and not my cup of tea, but he's only been doing it for a year or so, so I'll cut him some slack.
Contrast this to Martin Offiah, Terry O'Connor and the Godawful Jon Wells (who have been on TV for years), Micah sounds like an after dinner speaker, compared to these three plonkers. Thanks for small mercies for Phill Clarke, who maybe a prat, but can actually use the English language, without umpteen errrr, ummmms and the inevitable clichés.
Embarrassing

Oh. Somebody tell Stuart Pike to get some teeth that fit his mouth. I thought he was drunk, at one stage

Last edited:
Some brilliant games today but a mate’s told me that the main RL story for the media is Israel Folau not taking a knee. I hope he’s making this up!
Folau did not "take the knee" as it's his decision, and, if you know him, he is his own greatest publicist, so he'll be the headline.

I neither condemn nor condone his actions, but I applaud his right to follow his own conscience, as he's not exactly a white man (sic). Folau will say only (his) God matters (to him) and that's his right. We live in a free thinking society, and I'm glad we do.
Apparently, 7 F1 drivers didn't "take the knee"today, at Silverstone. Maybe after the fourth time they've done it, they feel they've made their point already, and it's time to move on. They and Folau should not be castigated for it.
I don't recall that Catholic ROI Sunderland player not having a poppy on his shirt, getting such exposure, back in the day.

Folau did not "take the knee" as it's his decision, and, if you know him, he is his own greatest publicist, so he'll be the headline.

I neither condemn nor condone his actions, but I applaud his right to follow his own conscience, as he's not exactly a white man (sic). Folau will say only (his) God matters (to him) and that's his right. We live in a free thinking society, and I'm glad we do.
Apparently, 7 F1 drivers didn't "take the knee"today, at Silverstone. Maybe after the fourth time they've done it, they feel they've made their point already, and it's time to move on. They and Folau should not be castigated for it.
I don't recall that Catholic ROI Sunderland player not having a poppy on his shirt, getting such exposure, back in the day.

I am just hoping that my mate is wrong and the journos report on the quality of the games. That might be wishful thinking.

it wasn’t all great play, for example, Newman out of position for 1 and possibly 2 Hudders tries and one the Rhinos late tries looked like it was held up until a double movement. Sometimes a great game needs those ingredients.

I didn’t see the Saints be Catalans game but it sounds like Saints were back to close to their best for most of the game.

It was pointed out that the lack of scrums helps the defending team, as they have a full defensive line, rather than just half a team. Not a lot of difference in speed though.

Can see that POV but the defence does not have much of a breather too. The game I watched today and the NRL games that I watch each week (C'mon you, Sharkies), are so intense and fast.

I'd suggest fitness and mobility are going to be even more important this season. To be honest, I am happy to see the scrums disappear for good in RL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.