CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The PL have kept close counsel about the matter, but some journalists, such as our friend Delaney, ventured their own speculations:

06acd7ff75a1b0d61d9538ce2ead236d.jpg
9ec6c975cbd00c010e4ed3d2f5da692b.jpg
Bless him,there was never a chance of points deduction even if the prem had a case to make,he must be gutted

Was told by a non-city supporting QC that we would stand little chance of that unless we had applied for a suspension of the ban and it hadn't been granted. As we never applied for relief the issue was moot in the end.

The point was that UEFA rushed the punishment through, dropping their demand for a load of related emails that might have helped prove their case. The reason given for our failurte to supply them was that we'd have to go through all our emails to see which related to it, and that could take an inordinate amount of time. UEFA could have said they would wait until we did so and CAS criticised them for not doing so but agreeign to drop their demand to ensure the case was heard in a timely manner. But to do that would have meant postponing any punishment until we'd done that and they'd examined the emails, meaning thwy'd have had to let us play in next season's CL.

So the question has to be, why were UEFA seemingly more interested in rushing this case through prior to next season's CL than actually getting the evidence they thought they needed to nail us? It would have been no skin off their nose to let us play in the CL for another season, knowing they were safe from any legal action and they they could be on far more solid ground to prove their case. The answer is surely that UEFA weren't worried about the consequences to them, but that someone in the PL was worried about the consequences to them if 5th place became available for CL qualification.
Maybe the intention all along was to damage our reputation in the eyes of fans and other clubs. Sometimes the mere accusation is enough to do the damage

I think the more likely answer to your first question there is that UEFA themselves had no appetite to actually try and hang City for this. The decision that the AC made was nonsense and politically motivated. I think Ceferin's comments about having nothing to do with the IC and AC spoke volumes in the lead up to the CAS hearing.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Soriano or even Khaldoon were appointed to the ECA board in the next two or three years.

Agree with UEFA having no appetite and it corresponds with why Ceferin was broking the "no ban, fine for technical penalty"deal before it went to the AC".

I think it was something pushed by sky

Yeah, something someone said as an offhand uninformed mark which people liked the sound of, and it mushroomed.

As the Danish academy thing went away (I think), there was an investigation about correct accounting - that presumably now goes nowhere.
There was also a strand about breaching the wage rise thing between 2013-6. It would be amazingly dumb to breach that one, and it's been reported that there's no timebarring in the PL.

I think the more likely answer to your first question there is that UEFA themselves had no appetite to actually try and hang City for this. The decision that the AC made was nonsense and politically motivated. I think Ceferin's comments about having nothing to do with the IC and AC spoke volumes in the lead up to the CAS hearing.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Soriano or even Khaldoon were appointed to the ECA board in the next two or three years.
I would be amazed. Long way to go before we have normal relations with Uefa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.