John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fully fit stones is a huge asset to any club why on earth would we sell him !!

It’s not simply a question of fitness. The player, any player, has to exhibit the highest physical, mental, and technical standards on a consistent basis. The more we have who cannot, the more inconsistent we become.

Rather than pine for the player that was or might yet be, we need to be ruthless and accept that some simply plateau.

Haha, you're asking the wrong club for that. We'll probably offer you 20 Benson & Hedges, a Mouth Organ & a McDonald's Monopoly Old Kent Road sticker.

Either that or Mateo Guendouzi, as Arteta seems desperate to get rid of him.

Not sure what would be the best offer of the 2.
What model mouth organ did you say, mate?

Concentration,
That is his only problem,he drifts and then it affects his actions.
Just my opinion.
that should be an issue a manager is able to coach then. If we are getting rid of him then there must be something Pep thinks is un-coachable?

Who says we're getting rid of him ?
With Garcia likely to be Barcelona bound, Otto seemingly surplus to requirements and Ferno starting to show signs of age it might not be wise to let him go this window as that would mean we need 3 new centre backs for next season unless we promote HB or bring back loanees. Not an ideal situation tbh.

I thought Stones looked like a different player when he was in the middle of a 3, a couple seasons back. And then at the start of last season (?) when we had Stones and Laporte together for a bit i thought they were really good together. But his big problem is keeping fit, when he's fit and gets a run he is able to keep his confidence and concentration levels consistent. As soon as he has an injury or some time out of the team his head goes and he gets beaten in one on ones, makes stupid mistakes and looks daft. IMHO we have given him the time and more importantly the team & manager to be able to become the best defender in the world, he's not been able to seize it. If he can live with being 3rd or 4th choice then so be it, we can do with an English defender in the squad, but i just can't see it. Time to get the right person in.

I think City needs to have a come to Jesus moment with respect to Stones. Ever since he has arrived he has been inconsistent and has been plagued by injuries as well as what seems to problems in his personal life. Maybe there's a psychological problem with him. But we paid 50 million for an asset who just has not panned out the way we thought he would. It's a tough pill to swallow but I think you have to. We were talking about him as Captain material when he arrived and it just doesn't look like its gonna happen here.

I think City needs to have a come to Jesus moment with respect to Stones. Ever since he has arrived he has been inconsistent and has been plagued by injuries as well as what seems to problems in his personal life. Maybe there's a psychological problem with him. But we paid 50 million for an asset who just has not panned out the way we thought he would. It's a tough pill to swallow but I think you have to. We were talking about him as Captain material when he arrived and it just doesn't look like its gonna happen here.
TBF we managed to get 2 PL's, an Fa Cup and 3 league cups with him playing a lot of games. Think we've got as much out of him as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.