COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the pub. I’m swerving small places without outdoor areas where social distancing isn’t possible, but I’m otherwise taking a calculated risk based on the prevailing infection rate, and wider medical advice, including from within my own family.

it’s also weird how people see things in extremes. You can go and meet a pal in your local pub inside or outside and just have a couple of beers and go home.

people on here’s local must be the beer Keller and when they go the pub they have 10 pints and 6 bottles of wine.

it’s also weird how people see things in extremes.
Many people do. Generally.

I figure the path I’m following means it’s unlikely I’ll contract the disease. That’ll do for me. I could have caught it in April when I was only leaving the house to go for walks and food shopping. It’s about a proportionate response based on the overall risk. It isn’t rocket science.

yeh forget peoples livelihoods and the economic damage doing this

Ah fuck it then. Better keep the boozer open and the girls behind the bar in a job. Never mind the vulnerable and elderly these cretins drinking in there are going to come into contact with.

Interesting arguments made here

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid-cases-in-england-arent-rising-heres-why/

Are tests causing a case rise, or are cases rising?

This suggests that the difference in cases between now and early July is just 250 new cases per day with no exponential increase (which would indicate spread).

Admissions are also still falling.

simple but effective analysis - something the govt are not really willing to accept at the moment. I think this all still lies in the margin of error.

not that we should stop being courteous and thoughtful of others, but this sort of simple approach needs to be highlighted

Depends on the pub. I’m swerving small places without outdoor areas where social distancing isn’t possible, but I’m otherwise taking a calculated risk based on the prevailing infection rate, and wider medical advice, including from within my own family.
Yes, everyone has to make their own decisions on things like this but while I'm not in the most vulnerable category I am in my 60s and suffer from asthma so I tend to be on the cautious side.

Ah fuck it then. Better keep the boozer open and the girls behind the bar in a job. Never mind the vulnerable and elderly these cretins drinking in there are going to come into contact with.

or said girls who are now at home with Covid with their lungs drowning them because they were sent back to work to pull said pints.

or said girls who are now at home with Covid with their lungs drowning them because they were sent back to work to pull said pints.
My bother’s a doctor and undertakes regular post-mortems. He told me last week the increase in suicides and alcohol related deaths (from people drinking themselves to death at home) has increased enormously since lockdown.

The picture is never quite as simple or straightforward as some would like to paint it.

Yep. Social media is filled with folk all huddled round each other for photo's on their days out, as if they have some sort of immunity to the virus. Football was on in pubs on Saturday and saw pictures of groups of 50 or 60 football fans all huddled round a flag for a photo opportunity outside a local boozer.

It's all well and good blaming the government whether that be Scottish or the UK but in a lot of cases I bet the same clowns won't be willing to take any shred of responsibility upon themselves. Idiots.
If the rules and recommendations are ignored it's a waste if time.
I was in a couple of pubs close to the one in Aberdeen where the cases were found and the difference in organisation was stark.
First pub was table service only,drink was laid on a separate table to us and we got it ourselves not allowed to go near the bar.
Next pub we went in was a free for all,saw one group where two of the guys were sick on the floor and everyone carried on as normal,the vomit was still on the floor when we left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.