Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your saying all the thousands of Catalans who are Espanyol fans are actually secret Barcelona fans?

I dare you to go on a Espanyol forum and say that to them

The clue is in the name, majority of fans from the crosstown rivals see themselves as Spanish

Pep said he cost too much for us. He would have cost £20mil more than we’ve spent on anyone. Maybe we could have broken the bank For Harry but it might have been a red line financially if it meant the Club recorded a loss for the year.

Tim, I must say that you come across as a really nice bloke and that I’m happy to differ in opinion - we don’t all have to think the same do we?
Ergo, feel happy to dismiss this but IMO if we’d considered Maguire to be fair value at the price (worth what those clowns paid for him) then we’d have met the price asked without blinking because we could afford it.
If that wasn’t the case / if things were different / if we’d already spent massively at that point and didn’t have the ready money then we could have done what other clubs do and raised a loan or struck a deal for a loan with an obligation to buy later.
Also, we’re not required to make a profit each year, we do that but just out of choice.
I know Pep has said ‘we couldn’t afford this player or that player but he’s using the example of players that we didn’t think worth their asking prices to counter the argument that we’ve been inflating the market - what he’s actually saying is that it’s not us splurging ridiculous amounts on players that aren’t worth it.

Tim, I must say that you come across as a really nice bloke and that I’m happy to differ in opinion - we don’t all have to think the same do we?
Ergo, feel happy to dismiss this but IMO if we’d considered Maguire to be fair value at the price (worth what those clowns paid for him) then we’d have met the price asked without blinking because we could afford it.
If that wasn’t the case / if things were different / if we’d already spent massively at that point and didn’t have the ready money then we could have done what other clubs do and raised a loan or struck a deal for a loan with an obligation to buy later.
Also, we’re not required to make a profit each year, we do that but just out of choice.
I know Pep has said ‘we couldn’t afford this player or that player but he’s using the example of players that we didn’t think worth their asking prices to counter the argument that we’ve been inflating the market - what he’s actually saying is that it’s not us splurging ridiculous amounts on players that aren’t worth it.

Whichever way we look at it, Maguire was overpriced.

He could go on to be our VVD.

By that i mean be allowed to continually foul and push players about giving the illusion that he is fantastic.

Pigs might fly as well.
Haha! It's mental what VVD gets away with, but it's undeniable he has not only improved Liverpool but their style of play has improved him as well. Maybe the way we play, with having a high percentage of the ball, might really suit Ake and take him to the next level. I think it has done wonders for Laporte.

He seems pretty good in the air. Height helps but smaller players with a decent leap can still challenge in the air. From what I've seen Ake seems pretty good at coping with that. How talls Ferny? He wins a lot of headers. Timing of the jump is as important.

Good point. Height can be good but jumping ability is an important equalizer.

Different sport, same concept. Former NBA player Muggsy Bogues dunking the ball in a pre-season game. He is 5'3" tall. His head is partially above a 10' basketball rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.