Tosin Adarabioyo

Not sure we would get anywhere near £20m. The issue is that the championship clubs are likely to be suffering financial issues. That affects his value, he is a great prospect at any level but I doubt Prem clubs would pay that much for potential and Championship clubs are not going to be paying big for anyone.

I'd love him to do well at city but I think the timing with us looking to effectively replace Stones and Otamendi in the squad is not going to go well. If both those two move on and Garcia doesn't resign then he has a great chance but I doubt that it pans out that way. Ota and Stones are on big wages and will be difficult to shift.

At the same time, Otamendi and Stones are at the stages in their careers where they need to move. I think Otamendi stayed last year, perhaps a little reluctantly, and did us a favour when it became evident that Kompany was leaving and we could not replace him. For that reason, I suspect he’ll end up in Valencia (for example) after our CL campaign closes. Stones needs to leave to rebuild his career. He’d know Arteta and Lampard might need a back if he fancies London, or Everton/Leeds might appeal if he wants to stay in the north.

I think we might need to take hits on those two and use either Adarabioyo/Sandler as cover this season. It may boost their value if the market revives next summer. As you say, we’re not going to get top dollar for younger players this summer, so it’s going to take some creative thinking.

At the same time, Otamendi and Stones are at the stages in their careers where they need to move. I think Otamendi stayed last year, perhaps a little reluctantly, and did us a favour when it became evident that Kompany was leaving and we could not replace him. For that reason, I suspect he’ll end up in Valencia (for example) after our CL campaign closes. Stones needs to leave to rebuild his career. He’d know Arteta and Lampard might need a back if he fancies London, or Everton/Leeds might appeal if he wants to stay in the north.

I think we might need to take hits on those two and use either Adarabioyo/Sandler as cover this season. It may boost their value if the market revives next summer. As you say, we’re not going to get top dollar for younger players this summer, so it’s going to take some creative thinking.

I think Otamendi was told to find a new club last summer but no takers. He is a year older and on massive wages. Its going to be tough. Stones will have more takers but again, Arsenal / Chelsea would pay his wages but would Leeds or Everton?

Moving players on will be difficult - and that makes developing Garcia and Tosin difficult.

I think Otamendi was told to find a new club last summer but no takers. He is a year older and on massive wages. Its going to be tough. Stones will have more takers but again, Arsenal / Chelsea would pay his wages but would Leeds or Everton?

Moving players on will be difficult - and that makes developing Garcia and Tosin difficult.

One of the reasons I think the Torres deal is so good is because we’ll be helping them take Otamendi. Similarly, with Stones, we’ll not be hard to deal with this summer. We may all get hot under the collar when we see how much they go for, but if the club is moving quickly to sign Ake and Koulibaly, then it’s already decided it’s time to move those two on and draw a line under it.

The Garcia one is the problem. The Spanish transfer window opens tomorrow but I expect that story to run on until after the CL, depending on who remains in it. There are only 20 days between the end of that and both leagues starting again, so we’ll know soon enough.

One of the reasons I think the Torres deal is so good is because we’ll be helping them take Otamendi. Similarly, with Stones, we’ll not be hard to deal with this summer. We may all get hot under the collar when we see how much they go for, but if the club is moving quickly to sign Ake and Koulibaly, then it’s already decided it’s time to move those two on and draw a line under it.

The Garcia one is the problem. The Spanish transfer window opens tomorrow but I expect that story to run on until after the CL, depending on who remains in it. There are only 20 days between the end of that and both leagues starting again, so we’ll know soon enough.

If Otamendi goes the other way and his wages get sorted in the wash then that is a result. I suspect we would go after Koli or Ake to fill that spot like for like. We need Stones to go as well in order to be able to genuinely convince Garcia he will be in the top 3 options. If your are 3rd choice you will play a decent number of games, 4th choice and its domestic cup games only. 5th choice and you might just get a sniff. Its difficult to see how Tosin is anything but 5th or 6th choice.

If Otamendi goes the other way and his wages get sorted in the wash then that is a result. I suspect we would go after Koli or Ake to fill that spot like for like. We need Stones to go as well in order to be able to genuinely convince Garcia he will be in the top 3 options. If your are 3rd choice you will play a decent number of games, 4th choice and its domestic cup games only. 5th choice and you might just get a sniff. Its difficult to see how Tosin is anything but 5th or 6th choice.

Agree with that, but I’m not entirely convinced that Garcia will remain even if he does see the route clear to playing more games.

Whoever is at the club, I think we’ll see two central defenders on the bench for every game, and while Koulibaly/Laporte will be the main partnership, there will be plenty minutes to go around. If game time is not managed responsibly in the next twelve months, the risk of player burn out will be high.

I think the phrase “it’s now or never” is quite relevant here

Also the phrase "just give him a chance".

What are we really risking?

He's a very good Championship defender at worst, we know that because he looked good in a midtable Blackburn side.

Even if that's his level and he doesn't play better at City, and he doesn't improve, he can still play in the league cup, he can still play the odd midweek game at home as 4th or 5th choice.

Koulibaly will be first choice. Aké has experience playing on the Right, Fernandinho is still around, we could play 3 at the back.

I just think people are massively exaggerating the difference in ability between Garcia's last 10 games and Tosin's Championship form.

Reckon we will sell him if a good offer comes in.

Personally I’d love for pep to give him a good chance.

Also the phrase "just give him a chance".

What are we really risking?

He's a very good Championship defender at worst, we know that because he looked good in a midtable Blackburn side.

Even if that's his level and he doesn't play better at City, and he doesn't improve, he can still play in the league cup, he can still play the odd midweek game at home as 4th or 5th choice.

Koulibaly will be first choice. Aké has experience playing on the Right, Fernandinho is still around, we could play 3 at the back.

I just think people are massively exaggerating the difference in ability between Garcia's last 10 games and Tosin's Championship form.
I 100% agree. People are hyping that Aït-Nouri leftback even though he plays for a mid table Ligue 1 side, and then downplaying Tosin when he stood out in a mid table Championship side. It makes no sense.

If a defender can play well against the teams in the top half of the Championship - as Tosin did - then I highly doubt he’ll struggle too much against 70-80% of Prem sides in a stronger team where his main job will be to stand at the half way line and pass the ball around. He’s also 6’5 and fast - literally what everyone on here has been asking for.

As you said there will be other options at our disposal and we probably won’t ever have to rely on him.... Just give him a chance and see if he can take Fernandninho’s CB spot after he leaves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.