Match-day revenue and Covid 19

Presumably Spurs will get the biggest hit as their new stadium has lucrative contracts to host NFL games and other events. You can’t see any of them going ahead in the coming year I’d say.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/footbal...red a £,with other scheduled events cancelled.

In reality this is probably a short-term problem for Spurs as it is for all Premier League clubs. The ones lower down the leaguesmay struggle is there isn't a quick solution. The prognosis for vacccines looks very hopeful for the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52924157#:~:text=Tottenham have secured a £,with other scheduled events cancelled.

In reality this is probably a short-term problem for Spurs as it is for all Premier League clubs. The ones lower down the leaguesmay struggle is there isn't a quick solution. The prognosis for vacccines looks very hopeful for the moment.

Prognosis - as long as people understand the time frame is not before than the new year before it gets going. It's false hopes that are a problem.

We have been able to use the Silver Lake money to offset some of the usual running costs, so that will insulate us to a large degree.

We do take an annual loan against future TV income from Barclays, that could hurt a lot of clubs who do likewise for cash flow, as no spectators in stadia has already resulted in Premier League teams having to hand back millions to the TV companies.

I saw somewhere that 330m will be paid back to TV companies for delayed coverage due to covid, and that would be shared between 20 clubs, so around 16m each.
Dont know if that would straightway decrease current years revenue, would make more sense half this year, half next year if possible.

Arsenal must be mad they cannot charge their mega expensive season tickets and they had a 25m loss for last financial year too.
I dont think they will be able to really invest more than they get for selling the deadwood.

I saw somewhere that 330m will be paid back to TV companies for delayed coverage due to covid, and that would be shared between 20 clubs, so around 16m each.
Dont know if that would straightway decrease current years revenue, would make more sense half this year, half next year if possible.

Arsenal must be mad they cannot charge their mega expensive season tickets and they had a 25m loss for last financial year too.
I dont think they will be able to really invest more than they get for selling the deadwood.
Ozil s new contract must really be hurting them at the moment. Shame.

@Marvin you are best using Swiss Ramble for financial info - endorsed by @Prestwich_Blue as well. SwissRamble covers all bases with reports on individual clubs, Big 6 comparisons, PL TV & Prize money distribution, Champions League TV & Prizes, Impact of Covid etc etc etc.

GIve up on the Guardian and spend a couple of days on his historic twitter and you will come back as an expert :)

To give you a flavour here is the PL TV and Prize money distribution PRE COVID rebates.

And a bit here about the covid rebates:

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.