COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iranians lying about deaths shocker.

Coronavirus: Iran cover-up of deaths revealed by data leak

The number of deaths from coronavirus in Iran is nearly triple what Iran's government claims, a BBC Persian service investigation has found.

The government's own records appear to show almost 42,000 people died with Covid-19 symptoms up to 20 July, versus 14,405 reported by its health ministry.

The number of people known to be infected is also almost double official figures: 451,024 as opposed to 278,827.

Don't think it works like that the less time close to somebody the less chance of transmission, but if they cough in your face, or touch you it only takes a second to pass it on.
You are quite right, apologies. The full list is as follows, although staying at least a metre away should suffice for most situations.
  • people who spend significant time in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
  • sexual partners
  • a person who has had face-to-face contact (within one metre), with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, including:
    • being coughed on
    • having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
    • having skin-to-skin physical contact, or
    • contact within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
  • a person who has been within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes
  • a person who has travelled in a small vehicle with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or in a large vehicle or plane near someone who has tested positive for COVID-19

Thank you very much and so much for people viewing the world slightly differently and discussing their differences. Each to their own I suppose.
Although your very last sentence is undoubtedly correct, perhaps you should read it again?

there's differences and there's wilful disregard, which pushes others to the tipping point. I'm tired of people's sacrifices being turned to jack shit so people can have a nice time.

There being no such thing as no risk doesn't make excuse for a free-for-all. The people sent back to work to catch Covid so people can have a pint are testament to that.

England hospital deaths anther low Just 5. All of them either yesterday or Saturday. None from any previous days added on. First time that has happened.

Just 2 from 2 Aug and 3 added to 1 Aug taking total to 5 after 2 days.

So 31 July stays at 1 after 3 days - obviously the lowest in months,

30 July stays at 3 after 4 days - again the lowest since mid March.

And 29 July stays at 4 after 5 days (with nothing added since day 2).

4 is a new five day low and the fifth single figure 5 day number in past six days. The other being 10.

Obviously this is Sunday data so caveats apply. But no question this is more good news on the hospital deaths data.

If you look back a short while. Only a couple of months in fact. It was doing just that. Killing 1000s through the 100s to where we are now. Its still killing 1000s a day in parts of the world. What do you think stopped those large numbers ?? A big Mac and a trip to the gym ?? My god we are in trouble if that's the general thought

41k deaths in England according to a quick google search. A number of which died "with" rather than "from" the virus.

Absolutely minuscule number in terms of the overall population.

I understand it’s not ‘that simple’ for all but it really is that simple for many. Not only that, if I go into a shop and later test positive, no one working in that shop would be counted as a contact unless I’d stood next to them for over 15 minutes, which is somewhat unlikely.
It can be passed on through touch. So if a shelf stacker has covid, and hopefully they'd take precautions with hand sanitizer but we know everyone gets complacent, they could in theory infect everything they put on the shelf. We had a case in our building early on in the pandemic, and because they'd been to the supermarket, it had to close down for half a day to disinfect everything. So yeah, you're right, they probably wouldn't be counted as a contact, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have contracted covid from someone in the shop.

Every time I go to a shop, I have to scan a QR code using a government app, and if it turns out I catch the virus, they can see where I've been and contact everyone who also scanned the QR code around the same time, who then also get tested. It's not a perfect system, but it's better than nothing and along with all the other measures (e.g. no-one throwing hissy fits over wearing masks - not even compulsory here until this week, just everyone wears them and all the shops expect you to wear one) it's kept deaths down so far.

For comparison last week it was 10 England hospital deaths so today has halved that.

There were 5 from the NW then. Today there are zero.

For comparison last week it was 10 England hospital deaths so today has halved that.

There were 5 from the NW then. Today there are zero.
It’ll be interesting to see if Leicester, in regards to admissions and deaths, is replicated in the NW, particularly given the level of infections 2 weeks ago. If they do, and I suspect they will, I wonder what conclusions will be drawn by the great and the good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.