COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales 0 deaths happily, And new cases down a little to 24. From 7214 tests. So down to 0.33%. Much better number than some over past week in Wales and Scotland.

It’ll be interesting to see if Leicester, in regards to admissions and deaths, is replicated in the NW, particularly given the level of infections 2 weeks ago. If they do, and I suspect they will, I wonder what conclusions will be drawn by the great and the good?

As I noted last night on this question the hospital admissions have continued to fall over the past 10 days or so when the NW started this rise in discovered cases. Deaths we will not know for a week or two but if hospital numbers stay down and/or keep falling this week that will be good news.

So UK hospital deaths is 5 today. I think the lowest in a very long while.

Last week it was 10 but the all settings later (bafflingly as it sometimes is on Mondays) was lower at 7.

It had been 11 and 11 the two previous Mondays as very few out of hospital deaths get recorded over a Sunday.

But out of hospital deaths last week were seemingly on the rise a little so we will see what happens here later.

Either way the Tuesday figures will go upward as they always do when the catch up occurs from over the weekend deaths being recorded.

there's differences and there's wilful disregard, which pushes others to the tipping point. I'm tired of people's sacrifices being turned to jack shit so people can have a nice time.

There being no such thing as no risk doesn't make excuse for a free-for-all. The people sent back to work to catch Covid so people can have a pint are testament to that.
As someone who sees it first hand, I’m sick of seeing young and relatively young patients dying, who have never been close to catching Covid, from things that they wouldn’t have died from in February.
The mean age of deaths from Covid is 84. That’s not to say that’s a good thing, or that old people should be sacrificed but it points to what we might need to be doing instead of completely buggering the economy up for decades to come. What the government need to be doing is basing everything on the data. If pubs or shops opening leads to a surge in hospital admissions and deaths, close them down.
I remember the VE celebration, the ‘beach madness’, the BLM protests were all going to lead to a surge in hospital admissions and deaths but they didn’t. Leicester was so bad that the hospital was going to be overrun and it wasn’t. I’m all for doing what’s necessary but a higher rate of infections isn’t, currently at least, a terrible situation.

As someone who sees it first hand, I’m sick of seeing young and relatively young patients dying, who have never been close to catching Covid, from things that they wouldn’t have died from in February.
The mean age of deaths from Covid is 84. That’s not to say that’s a good thing, or that old people should be sacrificed but it points to what we might need to be doing instead of completely buggering the economy up for decades to come. What the government need to be doing is basing everything on the data. If pubs or shops opening leads to a surge in hospital admissions and deaths, close them down.
I remember the VE celebration, the ‘beach madness’, the BLM protests were all going to lead to a surge in hospital admissions and deaths but they didn’t. Leicester was so bad that the hospital was going to be overrun and it wasn’t. I’m all for doing what’s necessary but a higher rate of infections isn’t, currently at least, a terrible situation.
What a proportionate post.

You have to get ahead of this and not be reactive like we were at the beginning,understandable to a certain degree at the start but no excuse now

The mean age of patients suffering lung, heart and other organ damage isn't 84. Just using current deaths and hospital admissions as an arbitrary determination when the science is indicating long-term effects even to a sizeable number of asymptomatic sufferers is just kicking the can down the road. We need to be protecting everyone, as best as we can, now. Pubs should never have been in the conversation ahead of schools and other necessary services, it was a political ploy by the Tories because they wanted their core voter base to get off their backs and the answer was to fuck everyone else to give their voter base a costly bribe.

The mean age of patients suffering lung, heart and other organ damage isn't 84. Just using current deaths and hospital admissions as an arbitrary determination when the science is indicating long-term effects even to a sizeable number of asymptomatic sufferers is just kicking the can down the road. We need to be protecting everyone, as best as we can, now. Pubs should never have been in the conversation ahead of schools and other necessary services, it was a political ploy by the Tories because they wanted their core voter base to get off their backs and the answer was to fuck everyone else to give their voter base a costly bribe.

Politics forum is this way ^^^

England hospital deaths anther low Just 5. All of them either yesterday or Saturday. None from any previous days added on. First time that has happened.

Just 2 from 2 Aug and 3 added to 1 Aug taking total to 5 after 2 days.

So 31 July stays at 1 after 3 days - obviously the lowest in months,

30 July stays at 3 after 4 days - again the lowest since mid March.

And 29 July stays at 4 after 5 days (with nothing added since day 2).

4 is a new five day low and the fifth single figure 5 day number in past six days. The other being 10.

Obviously this is Sunday data so caveats apply. But no question this is more good news on the hospital deaths data.
I know these death figures don't reflect the latest increase in cases via tests as that will sadly follow in a few weeks but the death totals, ICU figures do seem to be going the other way.

Hoping against hope that CV is a) being got on top of by medical knowledge and b) that it's maybe watering down slightly.

While I'm posting thanks for your time with the figures every day, being in a hotspot it's good to have the information concise & without prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.