Edouard at Celtic

MillsyTheMosher

I was told he is someone the club have looked at but we haven’t firmed up interest in.

I like the look of him a lot. Only 22 as well.

Darren Bent MKII. Good player, good goalscorer but not at this level. No thanks.

Darren Bent MKII. Good player, good goalscorer but not at this level. No thanks.

Darren Bent scored 106 goals in 276 appearances in pretty dire teams, for the most part.

I agree thats not the level we expect here, but I think the man still deserves some respect.

Darren Bent scored 106 goals in 276 appearances in pretty dire teams, for the most part.

I agree thats not the level we expect here, but I think the man still deserves some respect.
There's no disrespect intended at all, I'd have loved him here at one stage. However we've seen how important it is for our front three to be adaptable and to have other attributes that benefit the team over the last few years. Being a solid goalscorer isn't enough now, our expectations of a front man have changed completely, even Aguero had to adapt his game and become more of a team player on and off the ball. I don't think Edouard is even remotely close to having that all round game, although very few strikers do, as most teams just care about goals.

Don’t rate him just based on the fact he plays in the SPL remember VVD also was at Celtic and he didn’t turn out too bad

He's a good player, Magicpole will defo testify to that. 1 that I think can succeed with the right move down south.

However, if I was an interested club, I'd maybe hang fire for a month or 2. Go in early & Celtic will probably demand £30M+. However, they have Champions League qualifiers in August & September. If they get knocked out them, they might be more open to negotiate to balance the books. He also has 2 years left on his contract, much will depend if he extends on not over the next couple of months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.