CFG/Academy/EDS in & out season 2020/21

seems an uncoordinated mess that apart from the odd signing, doesn't generate the revenue that we were led to believe would come from it. Lots of random loans instead of co-ordinated groups going to certain clubs and being played regularly. Not point owning or partnering with other clubs if we don't control them for our benefit. I know it's "CFG" but the driver has to be profitability across the group and we have assets here that continually disappear for a pittance, and it's not like we take the time or care to keep those clubs in the top divisions in their respective leagues anyway.

Think this link makes an interesting snapshot. A game that was played five years ago and our team on the day was full of young talent whom many thought had a bright career with the club ahead of them. One or two may still yet feature, but the fascinating thing for me is that the player who enjoyed the most success with us was actually playing for the opposition and his career with us is now over.

https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2...hester-city-fc-u19/fc-schalke-04-u19/1978849/

Think this link makes an interesting snapshot. A game that was played five years ago and our team on the day was full of young talent whom many thought had a bright career with the club ahead of them. One or two may still yet feature, but the fascinating thing for me is that the player who enjoyed the most success with us was actually playing for the opposition and his career with us is now over.

https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2...hester-city-fc-u19/fc-schalke-04-u19/1978849/

damning that, really. Kehrer there too, now at PSG. Shows how many fall by the wayside but apart from Kelechi and Gunn we've not really made any money out of that lot which isn't great.

Mix Discerud is old enough to have kids in the academy!

Aleix Garcia’s contract with us ended recently and he’s now a free agent. Played a lot of football last season so think he’ll find a Spanish club easily.

Played 8 times for our first team. Scored in a cup game as well. Not many get to do that and end up drifting off without much fuss.

damning that, really. Kehrer there too, now at PSG. Shows how many fall by the wayside but apart from Kelechi and Gunn we've not really made any money out of that lot which isn't great.

As you say, Kehrer is the only one, save for Sane, that has enjoyed any meaningful time at a higher level.

Quite a few of our players on that day are still enjoying decent careers, and Ntcham went for a fee and Angelino may yet too, but in terms of developing into first-team players, it’s just not happened.

As you say, Kehrer is the only one, save for Sane, that has enjoyed any meaningful time at a higher level.

Quite a few of our players on that day are still enjoying decent careers, and Ntcham went for a fee and Angelino may yet too, but in terms of developing into first-team players, it’s just not happened.

I think we are making money though. Diaz alone has covered multiple years cost. Sancho and his sell on clause will see us in the money for another 5 years or so. Multiple others have gone for smaller fees that all add up.

And of course what is Foden worth?

I think we are making money though. Diaz alone has covered multiple years cost. Sancho and his sell on clause will see us in the money for another 5 years or so. Multiple others have gone for smaller fees that all add up.

And of course what is Foden worth?

Oh, I don’t doubt for a minute that the operation will wipe its nose and more. But that doesn’t mean the actual process is not without flaws or couldn’t be improved. For instance, did the young British players who were sent abroad prosper any better than those who remained? Is sending players to Scotland of any benefit at all? Just thoughts.

The Moreno-Correira swap is missing.

Tom Scott and Ernest Agyiri were released.

Thierry Ambrose made his loan to Metz permament.

We also have even more EDS/CFG players on the books:

Aro Muric

Josh Wilson-Esbrand
Nahuel Ferraresi
Philippe Sandler
Yan Couto

Matt Smith
Yangel Herrera
Patrick Roberts

Keyendrah Simmonds

I'm sure there's more...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.