Kalidou Koulibaly

Thiago would have been a good alternative to Ake because he's free and can provide extra cover but he's too old to be relied on as a primary option. Injuries slowly catching up to him and I don't think he can play twice a week any more.

Joel Mario? Assuming this is an autocorrect version of Matip (and not one of your finds) then I've got the same problem with him. Liverpool's second best defender when he can stay fit but that just doesn't seem to be often enough.

Assuming actual ability is a given, injury resistance should be near the top of our list of priorities. It's cost us quite a bit over the years and, although you can't guarantee someone will stay fit, we should avoid those who have a history.

Yes its Matip. I wasn't suggesting either player, just that that was what the article concluded.

The bold I have always whole heartedly agreed with. Never understood why we were willing to part with 50 million for Mendy. His injury record alone should have dropped the price by 50%.

Worse still, there was a guy who kept pointing this out that summer and kept getting nothing but abuse by fans who just couldn't get past his mouth watering crosses.

We really need to avoid players with a consistent history of injury. :(

Yes its Matip. I wasn't suggesting either player, just that that was what the article concluded.

The bold I have always whole heartedly agreed with. Never understood why we were willing to part with 50 million for Mendy. His injury record alone should have dropped the price by 50%.

Worse still, there was a guy who kept pointing this out that summer and kept getting nothing but abuse by fans who just couldn't get past his mouth watering crosses.

Was Mendy's injury record that bad?

Ah fair play, I thought you were posting your preferred alternatives.

I don’t think the Koulibaly deal will happen, Napoli have a way too high price tag and will make us a laughing stock (again) all summer, for me it’s Ruben Dias or Diego Carlos

Bad news on Koulibaly. We are refusing to go over £65m and at a standstill for now.

Cross posting this for anyone looking for an update.

Not gonna argue with the club, they know what they're doing with the money. But I'm really sceptical we'll find a centreback of a similar same level. And I'm almost as sceptical that we'll get them for considerably less.

My biggest fear is that we go into next season with no significant improvement in the dross we already have or that we stick with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.