Edouard at Celtic

He's a good player, Magicpole will defo testify to that. 1 that I think can succeed with the right move down south.

However, if I was an interested club, I'd maybe hang fire for a month or 2. Go in early & Celtic will probably demand £30M+. However, they have Champions League qualifiers in August & September. If they get knocked out them, they might be more open to negotiate to balance the books. He also has 2 years left on his contract, much will depend if he extends on not over the next couple of months.
I’ve a feeling they would turn down anything but a ridiculous monster offer because they are absolutely desperate for the 10 in a row. That would be more important to the club than a few million

I’ve a feeling they would turn down anything but a ridiculous monster offer because they are absolutely desperate for the 10 in a row. That would be more important to the club than a few million
Edouard is going to be the difference between winning the league or not, I highly doubt that. I could score 30 a season up there.

Edouard is going to be the difference between winning the league or not, I highly doubt that. I could score 30 a season up there.
Why would they take the risk? No guarantees that a replacement would be a success. With Edouard they’ll probably have won it by the time the Christmas decorations come down

Players like Odsonne Edouard cannot be overlooked just because he plays in the Scottish league. Look at how Van Dijk and Tierney have turned out. I would have both of them in a heartbeat at City.

His goalscoring record not just at Celtic, but for France under 21 team is very impressive. He is definitely worth keeping a close eye on, has a lot of attributes to his game. Fast, powerful, good technique, good finisher, good movement, good first touch. Doesn't look like he has a weakness to his game.

Obviously it is difficult to judge a player playing in a league which is worse than the Championship, but there is value for money in that league every so often.

You might think so, but they sold Dembele the day before the season started for 8 in a row, sold Tierney when they were going for 9 in a row, & that's without the stress Covid-19 had on finances.

There's talk that they are close to a new deal, if that's the case next summer might be when both decide its a decent time for him to go mind you.

You might think so, but they sold Dembele the day before the season started for 8 in a row, sold Tierney when they were going for 9 in a row, & that's without the stress Covid-19 had on finances.

There's talk that they are close to a new deal, if that's the case next summer might be when both decide its a decent time for him to go mind you.
Good points, most football club directors aren’t exactly known for thinking of the bigger picture when big money is dangled in front of them

Think he will fit good into Peps philosophy, and Celtic demands 40 mill for him. Pep can develop him into a Thierry Henry type.

I would be of the Celtic persuasion here in Ireland and Édouard is a top quality player. Quick, strong, skilful, young, goal machine and very composed (excellent in Europe and for the French u21) and consistently does it in the big games for Celtic (rangers, cup finals, Europe). Additionally, he will soon be a French full international. Celtic are renowned for spotting excellent young players and developing then selling them. I think he would be a very interesting signing based on actually watching him rather than assuming because he plays in Scotland he's shite.

Similar to dembele but more skill and less physique.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.