It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominant in the air is redundant in our side because the defensive midfielder is the one who contests long balls with the forward, Pep made that change after the massive Everton loss in 2017. The defensive mid challenges the striker, and the 2 CB's drop off to pick up any runners trying to pick up a flicked on header or knock down.

The number of incidents where a City CB has to actually challenge a CB in the air to stop a goal is miniscule. We almost never concede from corners, and Aké is actually like Otamendi, better than a lot of CB's 3 inches taller.
Ferna was brilliant at this. Rodri less so despite being much taller. Gundogan worse again.

Ferna was brilliant at this. Rodri less so despite being much taller. Gundogan worse again.

Fern is on another level, because he's smart as well as able.

He would still get in & spoil the cfs header, even if Kompany was playing. He often intercepts corners etc too.

The others haven't got it.

His arial duel win is one of the top ten lowest in the league.

He's better than his stats suggest imo, but he's no VK or VVD & Dinho is getting older. Stones may go. If we don't sign a dominant cb, we will be relying on either Stones or Dinho & if anything happens to them, Garcia will cave & Rodri will end up there.

Ake is a lefty.

Playing Devil's Advocate here - not convinced he'd be a major asset to us but I'll wager he could unlock packed 10 man defences with his ability to go past players and possibly drawing the foul, rather that trying to tiki-taka our way in when it don't work in certain games (Southampton)
i agree,we need grealish to unlock defences,because as you rightly said we struggled to get a shot at the (southampton) goal, we should be having a lot more than 26 FUCKING SHOTS AT GOAL,

Do we have separate transfer budgets for first team and CFG signings? I’d rather gamble on two fewer Carlos Kickaballs that we will never see if it gave us more wiggle room on our priority positions
The CFG signings typically don't cost much of anything when you count the sales as well. We've been good the last few summers of shifting guys on and reinvesting into the next crop.

Except he was never charged with drink driving.

I’d also argue the fact that carrying his club to the PL and playing a major role in them avoiding relegation shows he has grown up.

Like many other players, he also does a lot of charity work which goes unnoticed.

Maybe it’s the shit haircut, low shin pads and constant moaning to the ref which makes him unlikable. That doesn’t make him a dickhead off the pitch or a shit player though.
Yes it does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.