It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say one of my biggest pet peeves is football fans thinking they know a single fucking thing about players because they see them play football or in the occasional Sun headline.

Lets be clear about one thing, no one here knows anything about Jack Grealish as a person.
You buy him,you can keep him as a pet

The CFG signings typically don't cost much of anything when you count the sales as well. We've been good the last few summers of shifting guys on and reinvesting into the next crop.
I’d say it has mixed results so far. Can’t think of many we’ve made a significant profit on apart from Mooy. Harrison maybe but he is already probably worth more than what has been reported on as his agreed 8m buyout option. We gave Mari and Lejeune away for peanuts and soon after they were sold to Premier League clubs for a lot more than we got for them. The likes of Morelos have been a disaster

He’s the one
If Chelsea get him they will have a good team
they wouldn't, they'd have a good attack. Defence wise they need to spend a lot starting with a keeper. They conceded 54 similar to Brighton and Palace. Maybe that's why the Havertz thing has quietened as they realise how much they need for keeper etc.

I’d say it has mixed results so far. Can’t think of many we’ve made a significant profit on apart from Mooy. Harrison maybe but he is already probably worth more than what has been reported on as his agreed 8m buyout option. We gave Mari and Lejeune away for peanuts and soon after they were sold to Premier League clubs for a lot more than we got for them. The likes of Morelos have been a disaster
We did well on Luiz last year at least, Enes Unal before that. This summer Yangel Herrera is apparently going the other way to Valencia. Definitely some success stories in there also.

We did well on Luiz last year at least, Enes Unal before that. This summer Yangel Herrera is apparently going the other way to Valencia. Definitely some success stories in there also.
Totally forgot about Luiz tbh! Still, I wouldn’t like us to miss out on an absolute priority position for the first team for the sake of a few million which has been invested in players who we will never ever see, that’s why I was wondering about separate budgets etc

You buy him,you can keep him as a pet

I don't know why you bother getting so aggravated in these threads when we all know you'll instantly forget everything you "hate" about him as soon as he's wearing a City shirt and become a mindless cheerleader.

You were another one who couldn't stand the idea of us signing Walker.

Stop pretending you know anything about Grealish when it's taken you 3 attempts to get his age right, and just wait and see what happens.

Would he be my choice of transfer? No, but like I said, the club knows infinitely more about his character than any fan, and if they're interested then he's a good egg.

Totally forgot about Luiz tbh! Still, I wouldn’t like us to miss out on an absolute priority position for the first team for the sake of a few million which has been invested in players who we will never ever see, that’s why I was wondering about separate budgets etc
The way I think about the CFG signings is that if you're mostly breaking even, or even losing a few million per year, it's still worth it. You buy enough of these lottery tickets and eventually one of them will hit big. On net I don't think it costs very much and I definitely don't think it prevents us from signing any first team target.

I don't know why you bother getting so aggravated in these threads when we all know you'll instantly forget everything you "hate" about him as soon as he's wearing a City shirt and become a mindless cheerleader.

You were another one who couldn't stand the idea of us signing Walker.

Stop pretending you know anything about Grealish when it's taken you 3 attempts to get his age right, and just wait and see what happens.

Would he be my choice of transfer? No, but like I said, the club knows infinitely more about his character than any fan, and if they're interested then he's a good egg.
:), never thought id ever see the day dommy the pitbull would include good egg in one of its posts ,your going soft in your old age :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.