João Félix

Last time I watched him (was it v Liverpool ?) I wanted to kick his useless, wussy, fancy dan face in.

Presumably he is usually better than that, but still, it's a 'no' from me.
last time i watched city at anfield i felt the same about all our players ):

Until it doesn’t. Nothing wrong with having a different option
It would be nice but no Guardiola team is going to start lumping it in. We can't have squad player like a NFL special team player. We'll only buy players that play our way in open play. If he happened to be tall as well fair enough but it's not an attribute we'll look for in a forward.

It would be nice but no Guardiola team is going to start lumping it in. We can't have squad player like a NFL special team player. We'll only buy players that play our way in open play. If he happened to be tall as well fair enough but it's not an attribute we'll look for in a forward.

Should be imo. (Well aerial ability, not especially height).

We have shown we can cover other options, but we have some of the best players ever at delivering a ball, with no option, even off the bench, to deliver it to.

Being tall and being able to play is not mutually exclusive. Nobody is advocating signing Andy Carroll but we seem to have a blind spot when it comes to what remains a perfectly valid and significant part of the game.

Should be imo. (Well aerial ability, not especially height).

We have shown we can cover other options, but we have some of the best players ever at delivering a ball, with no option, even off the bench, to deliver it to.

Being tall and being able to play is not mutually exclusive. Nobody is advocating signing Andy Carroll but we seem to have a blind spot when it comes to what remains a perfectly valid and significant part of the game.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a useful attribute, but forwards that are good enough technically and good in the air are quite rare, Lewandowski is one and Ronaldo too.I just think if we got one it would be a bi product rather than a reason to target somebody. Can't think of anyone in particular that would be a target that can do both, but then I don't know much about players around and available outside England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.