Berlin

My brother in law lives there with wife and 3 kids...granted his wife is German which may make things a little easier....but he found the move very easy....works in design/advertising/branding sorta stuff. Have been over a couple of times and its an amazing City....has a natural "vibe" about it, hard to explain but its great. Germany as a whole is a great country...and the people are great too (except Bayern of course :-) )

Like most things in life, if you have an opportunity to do something awesome...do it...you'll only regret not trying....and have a life of "what if"

Been living here for 5 years. Always see loads of people on the forum talking about how much they love the city. It's certainly great to visit, but the novelty of living here quickly wears off.

I'd look for a place as far from Kreuzberg as possible. Full of hipster c**ts and some of the shared areas in the apartment buildings look like crack dens.

Generally, I find the city noisy, crowded and dirty but I suppose some people enjoy the 'grungy' atmosphere. Areas on the edge of the city are maybe an option if you prefer things a little quieter. I live near Spandau, and I'm surrounded by some nice lakes and green areas.

Give me a shout if you get further along in the process and I'll happily help you out.

I would do A LOT of research on the taxation and insurance systems as a priority. Depending on your job, they can be a nightmare and incredibly costly, and the bureaucracy here is the worst of any country I've lived in. Like I say, give me a shout if you need any help.

Last edited:
I like Mitte. Berlin is a bit hipster tbh. Very foodie but I never felt unwelcome anywhere.

Agree with most of these comments. In fact I was looking at some pics we have on the wall of our visit many years ago.
Everyone friendly, transport is incredible and the vibe is indeed ace.
Depends what you want though so I'd definitely get some advice from Roy above.
Complete antithesis to the likes of Geneva which is very psychologically cold place.
If you've got the chance I'd always suggest giving it a go...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.