João Félix

Maybe, but a decent cf who gives defenders a different problem, whoever that may be, would be enough to make the difference in most situations where we have run out of ideas, imo.
The trouble is the times we run out of ideas are few and far between, so the player either has to be good enough to play regularly in our normal style, or be happy to play a bit part only getting game time when nothing else is working. We obviously won't use a squad place for the latter.
It happened very infrequently in the 2 seasons before this and even when it did it was in games we had created and missed chances and penalties. I don't see it as a big issue or one we will go out looking for fixes for certainly not under Guardiola. Thinking about it a reliable penalty taker is probably more beneficial to us than someone good in the air.

The trouble is the times we run out of ideas are few and far between, so the player either has to be good enough to play regularly in our normal style, or be happy to play a bit part only getting game time when nothing else is working. We obviously won't use a squad place for the latter.
It happened very infrequently in the 2 seasons before this and even when it did it was in games we had created and missed chances and penalties. I don't see it as a big issue or one we will go out looking for fixes for certainly not under Guardiola. Thinking about it a reliable penalty taker is probably more beneficial to us than someone good in the air.

I think we have run out of ideas in most of the games we have lost, or dropped points in.

In almost all the cases, the defences have been on their last legs, but we haven't had the extra, to kill them & our defence has cracked instead.

hmm i doubt atleti wanna sell him and if they do they'll expect an huge fee. Also, im not sure he can work as an only striker, maybe at city but his natural position is as a second striker, roaming a bit to either assist or finish. The issue in atleti is that he plays very far from the oposition's goal, think he'll end up at juventus or inter one of these days

hmm i doubt atleti wanna sell him and if they do they'll expect an huge fee. Also, im not sure he can work as an only striker, maybe at city but his natural position is as a second striker, roaming a bit to either assist or finish. The issue in atleti is that he plays very far from the oposition's goal, think he'll end up at juventus or inter one of these days

Atleti only moved in to a brand new stadium 12 months ago that will need paying for. There seems little chance of any full stadiums in the near future. TV revenue in Spain isn't shared equally. So they must have some major financial difficulties. They may not want to sell him but they may have to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.