It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a think of big, surprising and hard to do.The only one not seen already mentioned was Neymar. Just throwing a name in the pot not any opinion.

Had a think of big, surprising and hard to do.The only one not seen already mentioned was Neymar. Just throwing a name in the pot not any opinion.

I see what you’re saying, and it would be a huge shocker. However I don’t think so for three reasons:

1. Wages, he wouldn’t fit into our model and we won’t pay that much

2. He wants a return to Barca even though that’s unlikely with their finances now

3. I don’t think he fits the profile of person our club wants, and I say that carefully - he is the type of player we want, but not the personality type we want at the club.

Wow this teasing esp of "big signing" still goes on..

Pointless every year get blues thinking were signing some galactico (there is only 3 left).

Last time I remember a good surprise was barry and Tevez;)

Get a world class CB please.

I look at your list of five there and think that really would be a great window. I cant help but think that it all hinges on that Koulibaly signing though. Take him out of that list and all of a sudden I think it becomes an average window, where we haven't really strengthened our main weakness. A top-class centre back really is a must.
The evening news yesterday says we ain’t even in for him!

I’d hate him, diving arrogant prick with a bad attitude. Nothing like the type of player that fits our character profile
He's not coming anyway... He's a monk now, I've just seen him on Bank Heist on Netflix...... We started watching it thinking there were 4 episodes... It turns out there are 4 seasons... on the homeward stretch now on Season 4 ;-)

Presuming Ake comes in
Otamendi and Stones leave
one of Mendy or Zinchenko leave
Bravo leaves on a free

And we bring in the following non homegrown players:
Right Center Back
Left Back
2nd Choice Goal Keeper

Would leave us with
2 Club Trained Players
3 Homegrown Players
16 Non-Homegrown
Leaves us with 1 more non homegrown player spot in the squad availble for CL & PL. Can't see us leaving it empty

I look at your list of five there and think that really would be a great window. I cant help but think that it all hinges on that Koulibaly signing though. Take him out of that list and all of a sudden I think it becomes an average window, where we haven't really strengthened our main weakness. A top-class centre back really is a must.

As I said, he’s the only one of the seven that I’d see starting From game one, so he really is the one that we need to land. Both he and Aouar are still involved in the Champions League, so we really cannot expect any movement or news until their respective clubs are eliminated. If both fall over the weekend, then I would expect things to move quickly next week, especially if we, too, should falter. Until then, I would expect a respectful silence from all parties, but that of course will allow the newspapers to fabricate more fanciful nonsense and link him with everyone else.

I’d hate him, diving arrogant prick with a bad attitude. Nothing like the type of player that fits our character profile

What is that so called character profile? Neymar gets this hate because he is an exceptional and flashy player. Anyone who wouldn’t want him at this club is putting personal problems ahead of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.