Ismael Bennacer

Bit short for a DM ain’t he? If we’re looking for someone to partner Rodri, wouldn’t Partey make more sense? Especially if he’s got a release clause.
We won't be looking for a Rodri partner, I can't see us buying any c.m unless it's as a replacement for Gundogan.

He could a backup for Rodri after Fernandinho leaves. The 6 position is really crucial for us so I don't think there's anything wrong with having depth there.

He could a backup for Rodri after Fernandinho leaves. The 6 position is really crucial for us so I don't think there's anything wrong with having depth there.

Thought about Bennacer as a perfect competition for Rodri. He’s a fighter and a fantastic ball-winner. More defense-oriented than Rodri, which I honestly think we’re missing. I’m missing that Fernandinho stopping counter attacks in the middle of the park. Rodri is a great passer but not very gifted defensively. I hope this improves.

I can also see Aké playing in this role.

Huge fan of this guy, very, very good player.

Watched a fair bit of Milan games since the restart and he has been so impressive (along with Theo Hernandez at left back). He carries the ball superbly as well and just seems to be everywhere. He is like a Jack Russell terrior, full of energy and always biting at the opposition players heels, relentless pressing game. Can see exactly why Pep wants him, he would be absolutely perfect for our system and would slot into our side seamlessly.

If we could secure him and Aouar over the next few seasons, i would be absolutely delighted. Bennacer for the long term replacement for Fernandinho and Aouar the long term replacement for Gundogan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.