Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing Koulibaly now would feel better.
Then our first three choices of centre backs would be sorted. That’s all that matters. Then the club can figure out who would be willing to compete as RCB.

Well I liked Garcia looked promising in what games he played and still young and learning,but he’s a Barca fan so no probs,obviously sad too see him go..
Time for Harwood-Bellis to step forward who I actually think is better physically for the rigours of the premier league ..

We get it, everybody loves Barca. That’s why Garcia left so he could return and demand a higher wage, because they’re so close to his heart.

You can joke all you like but there's precedent and it is happening again almost verbatim to how I proposed

As I have said before, even Pep has talked extensively on this. Barca is different, particularly for Catalans who start there & dreamt of succeeding there. It's the pinnacle for them

what a fucking idiot! Barca are fucked and getting worse!! 800m euros in debt and borrowing the same during the pandemic? I get hes from there but fuck me from a sporting point of view he`s made a really bad call!

Or we just use Tosin or Harwood-Bellis to play the tiny amount of games Garcia would have gotten as 4th choice.

So we'd be gambling on a new signing hitting the ground running and playing every game as they'd be the only senior right footed CB

We've been stung on this before (Mendy, Gundogan getting major injuries then leaving us short)

Gambled on it with Laporte this year and it cost us, don't see us doing it again.

Fernandinho's not the answer either

Lots of people very upset that a 19 year old from Barcelona is interested in playing for Barcelona. I thought he wasn't good enough anyway? If we get a good fee whats the big deal?

Agree it is what it is. He may well have a better chance of first team football and a regular starter place with them than he does with us. That is quite a profound position to be in.

I think the discussions have run there course and that in part has influenced the decision to bring Ake in. I'm happy with that business - Ake is a better prospect in my view. He will become a better player and is quick (more an athletic type). Garcia is a good player but is not going to get any quicker or taller.

I have a feeling that Pep might not mind Garcia going. He might not have been convinced with what he saw in the dead rubber games towards the end of the season. Ake, Laporte and dare I say Koulibaly with Dinho as an emergency backup is more than enough.

So we'd be gambling on a new signing hitting the ground running and playing every game as they'd be the only senior right footed CB

We've been stung on this before (Mendy, Gundogan getting major injuries then leaving us short)

Gambled on it with Laporte this year and it cost us, don't see us doing it again.

Fernandinho's not the answer either

As opposed to relying on a kid with 10 league games in his life mostly against cannon fodder?

About a month's worth of starting games is all that separates Garcia and THB/Tosin. Why are people reacting like we're losing an established first team player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.