Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the noises from the player was that he was happy and very appreciative of getting his chance on a regular basis.

The timing of this stinks and while that won't be down to Garcia, rather dirty tricks from Barcelona again, he needs to take responsibility for stringing City along, certainly when Pep had evidenced to him his trust and played him every week.

I think he is a nice tidy footballer and expect him to have a decent career, but as I said earlier this week, he's not better than Stones yet and might never be.

That's one thing United seem to have over us?

They recruit heavily in the Manchester area and we spread our net much wider on the youth global front, possibly a hindrance if a player does want to go finally go 'home'?

I’ve long advocated that we should stop that policy, especially with kids from Spain. Just because the people running the operations, mature adults, are comfortable living in Manchester and working around the world does not mean teenage boys from Spain will find it as easy. The call for home and familiarity is incredibly strong among Spanish players, even the adults, with David Silva exceptional in more ways than one.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/gastarbeiterDetails/verein/281/land_id/157

Far better to prioritise local talent and get South Americans through our tie ups. Trying to get one over the Spanish giants is time and money wasted.

A sell on would be pointless.

You add sell ons when you sell to Leicester or Dortmund, stepping stones where a player could get a massive transfer from.

There's not much point adding them to Barca because they don't sell anyone (especially not academy kids) if they're worth enough for the sell-on to be worthwhile.

I'm sure there will be add-ons, I expect it will be appearances and trophy based.
Like i said earlier in the thread, add a low (but reasonable) buyback clause, if he turns out decent, bring him home.

Pep was the one who answered the question. If he cared he wouldn't have said anything.
No, you asked about the timing being due to it being the transfer window, I replied that the timing was unfortunate due to it being so close to a huge game? You then responded about Pep not caring?? What’s the weather like? Half past eight

I find it worrying that Pep thought Garcia was good enough to play CB in the Premier league.

He's just sticking with City tradition.

We usually have one. Paul Futcher, Steve Redmond, Darren Wassel, Tal Ben Haim, Nastasic, Garcia. Just a few examples.

If we haven't got one, we usually sign one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.