Kalidou Koulibaly

It was me who compared him to Mangala, with good reason, and i stand by it. I would be interested to know what part of my comparison was racist?

For context: My post

I worry about Koulibaly. He seems quite rash and spends a lot of time on his arse, i have no interest in the Italian league so have only watched youtube videos, but watching them transported me back to watching videos of Mangala, where every tackle he seemed to make was a slide tackle, granted, in the videos they come off, but they're highlights, how often does he concede fouls or miss completely? The worry is for me is, they look good in a poorer league with much slower football and then arrive here and are miles off!
Also if we weren't willing to part with £75 million for a 26 year old Van Dyke, we shouldn't be parting with that sum for anyone.

My opinion of course.
If, like me, you've only seen you tube videos then it says more about you tube video compilers, look at videos for every centre back and it shows you tube video compilers love a sliding tackle. Don''t think it's a good way for judging any centre back.

This doesn't seem like our usual policy of paying a large fee for someone of his age, plus sounds like wages may be high as well. Not doubting his quality and the quality he will bring. It's a shame there was not a younger version around.

If, like me, you've only seen you tube videos then it says more about you tube video compilers, look at videos for every centre back and it shows you tube video compilers love a sliding tackle. Don''t think it's a good way for judging any centre back.
It was discussed at the time and mentioned in my post that they are highlights videos, so obviously they're not going to show him getting torn apart, i commented on what i've seen, I'm not judging his entire game or career or reputation as has been muted, i made an analysis on a few videos i had seen, and also asked questions, which i was more than happy to have answered if you look back at the discussion around it. If we're now not allowed to watch videos of players and have a discussion about it, then we should just lock every thread on this forum because i'm sure nobody has watched every Valencia match for the past two years, but there are plenty of assessments of our new signing over in the Ferran Torres thread.

This doesn't seem like our usual policy of paying a large fee for someone of his age, plus sounds like wages may be high as well. Not doubting his quality and the quality he will bring. It's a shame there was not a younger version around.

Agreed, but how much would he cost and Everyman and his dog would be after him

It was discussed at the time and mentioned in my post that they are highlights videos, so obviously they're not going to show him getting torn apart, i commented on what i've seen, I'm not judging his entire game or career or reputation as has been muted, i made an analysis on a few videos i had seen, and also asked questions, which i was more than happy to have answered if you look back at the discussion around it. If we're now not allowed to watch videos of players and have a discussion about it, then we should just lock every thread on this forum because i'm sure nobody has watched every Valencia match for the past two years, but there are plenty of assessments of our new signing over in the Ferran Torres thread.

Just so you know, if you want a bit of a better picture from YouTube videos then usually if you enter "(player name) Vs" then you'll get a few examples of player performances where they'll show every touch over the course of a game. It's not perfect (obviously you miss out on things like positioning) and sometimes you'll spend five minutes watching five yard passes but it's just a better perspective than highlight/ lowlight videos.

Sometimes I'll do it to review one of our players if I felt like they were a bit invisible first time around.

I don’t watch these players but am a bit concerned about the number of posters saying he might be on the wane.

Given the number of leagues around, and the number of decent teams, it’s hard to believe there are so few serious runners.

I don’t watch these players but am a bit concerned about the number of posters saying he might be on the wane.

Given the number of leagues around, and the number of decent teams, it’s hard to believe there are so few serious runners.
I wouldnt worry about it, the same people who say he is on the wane also dont watch him.

Was just pointing out what I'd noticed about you tube videos of defenders wasn't making any big deal about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.