Non petrol head car chat

shevtheblue

I have a passing interest in cars, nothing massive though. I have purposefully kept my aspirations for possible cars i could ever have as achievable as i could and wanted a Nissan GTR for a long time. I can definitely afford to buy one, whether i can afford to insure and drive the c*** is another thing But a growing family and needing money for other things has meant that the only chance i'll ever have of getting anything similar to that is when the kids fuck off :D So, my watch continues.

For now, i'm on the complete opposite side of a GTR with a fucking 7 seater Skoda Kodiaq that handles like a ship. During lockdown, i had it in my head that car prices would go down and i was looking at p/x for a Cheshire tractor (Disco HSE) but it doesn't look like there has been much of a dent in the prices as far as i can see. So i've decided to use some of the money i was saving for the Discovery and add some black pack styling to current one. I know it's not worth it and i won't get it back in resale, but i think it will make it look on the good side of detailing, rather than the max power side.

I have a passing interest in cars, nothing massive though. I have purposefully kept my aspirations for possible cars i could ever have as achievable as i could and wanted a Nissan GTR for a long time. I can definitely afford to buy one, whether i can afford to insure and drive the c*** is another thing But a growing family and needing money for other things has meant that the only chance i'll ever have of getting anything similar to that is when the kids fuck off :D So, my watch continues.

For now, i'm on the complete opposite side of a GTR with a fucking 7 seater Skoda Kodiaq that handles like a ship. During lockdown, i had it in my head that car prices would go down and i was looking at p/x for a Cheshire tractor (Disco HSE) but it doesn't look like there has been much of a dent in the prices as far as i can see. So i've decided to use some of the money i was saving for the Discovery and add some black pack styling to current one. I know it's not worth it and i won't get it back in resale, but i think it will make it look on the good side of detailing, rather than the max power side.

New plate due at the end of the month might get a better deal then.

Car industry is going to suffer a lot from covid, I ain't a fan of new cars now prefer buying an older one and spending some money on it
Yeah, this is the last new car i buy. It's great that you get piece of mind and all, but you pay shit loads for it so is it really worth it in the end?

Yeah, this is the last new car i buy. It's great that you get piece of mind and all, but you pay shit loads for it so is it really worth it in the end?

For me it isn't, I own my car outright and like spending money on it. Will keep it till I run it into the ground I think.

When I had a PCP it was a easy to just pay my money and drive round in a new car, but the cost difference was mad.

For me it is, I just bought a new Mitsubishi outlander, 7 year warranty, which I really like, 3 free services, free breakdown cover.
My last car the transmission went just like that, no warning, and cost me 7 grand.
It's long warranties for me from now on, and Japanese cars.

For me it isn't, I own my car outright and like spending money on it. Will keep it till I run it into the ground I think.

When I had a PCP it was a easy to just pay my money and drive round in a new car, but the cost difference was mad.
Yeah i own this as well, so spending money on it to make it better as it's mine, doesn't seem a bad idea.

For me it is, I just bought a new Mitsubishi outlander, 7 year warranty, which I really like, 3 free services, free breakdown cover.
My last car the transmission went just like that, no warning, and cost me 7 grand.
It's long warranties for me from now on, and Japanese cars.
Yeah Mitsubishi are really good, it really depends on how much the car depreciates. Hyundai and Kia do long warranties as well i think, my Skoda has 3 years so its not really felt like its worth the 8k hit i've had for a car that only got built in 2018.
I don't think that Outlander will ever die on you, i have driver a Pajero (equivalent of a Shogun) and my sister had one for 10yrs which never needed to get repaired once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.