Droylsden FC gone

Haven't you heard? We're to blame.

I'm only surprised that Sterling didn't get a mention. Noticeably no criticism of the national governing body who don't seem to have been especially pro-active with regard to non-league football below the 6th tier unless I missed something.

The comments regarding City....

After our takeover, we paid Hyde United fairly handsomely to let the youth teams and reserves use Ewen Fields - they also paid for the stadium to be done up a bit (albeit in out colours) and sponsored the first team via CITC.

Hyde were lambasted from all angles for accepting our money and went on to go from relegation threatened to winning the league the season after.

Every non league forum was full of jibes about Man City funding their squad.

So, a big club is damned if they do and damned if they don't!

the premeir league and the FA need to get a grip of this and if they don't even the smaller clubs in the championship could be gone in 12 months, the football league needs to be taken under control and a wage cap and put part time players/semi pro's ? stop promotion and relegation until covid-19 is gone and a vaccine found

if fans are not going to be allowed back then football then what is the point of football outside of the premier league because its them that need the fans more than the bigger clubs, even dare i say some premier league clubs are also in danger of folding

The comments regarding City....

After our takeover, we paid Hyde United fairly handsomely to let the youth teams and reserves use Ewen Fields - they also paid for the stadium to be done up a bit (albeit in out colours) and sponsored the first team via CITC.

Hyde were lambasted from all angles for accepting our money and went on to go from relegation threatened to winning the league the season after.

Every non league forum was full of jibes about Man City funding their squad.

So, a big club is damned if they do and damned if they don't!

PS - I am actually gutted to see Droylsden go, I used to nip to one or two games a season. But, they were on the brink a couple of years back and only just survived.

Peter Swales once bought a biro from WH Smith

It’s a fuckin outrage and a national disgrace that city aren’t bailing them out

Forgotten their roots

Haven't you heard? We're to blame.

Didn’t you know it’s our responsibility to bail out every skint club in the north because we have lots of money? Rags trying to spend £120 million on Sancho don’t get mentioned of course.

It's not City's job to bail out lower league clubs.

Maybe - maybe - it's the job of the PL or the FA. You could argue that. But I doubt whether all the small clubs can be saved. Sad, but inevitable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.