Champions League QF Draw - Lyon

Need to beat Lyon first which won't be easy but this is our route to the final:

Quarter-final
Lyon

Semi-final Barcelona or Napoli / Bayern Munich or Chelsea

Final Paris Saint-Germain or Atalanta / Leipzig or Atletico Madrid

Helps.

Basically go and win the game in a one-off game with none of that away goals / not move past the half way line / play for penalties bollocks.

On our day theres not a single **** out there we wouldn't slap in a one-off winner takes all game.
Couldn’t have put it better myself

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in this thread, but can someone link/refer me to a post that explains how the tournament structure works moving forward, for example, are there still 2-legs?

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in this thread, but can someone link/refer me to a post that explains how the tournament structure works moving forward, for example, are there still 2-legs?

1 legged ties.

Think of it as a knock out of 8 teams world cup style format. Games will come hot and fast as well every 3-4 days

Need to beat Lyon first which won't be easy but this is our route to the final:

Quarter-final
Lyon

Semi-final Barcelona or Napoli / Bayern Munich or Chelsea

Final Paris Saint-Germain or Atalanta / Leipzig or Atletico Madrid

Napoli v Barca finely poised at 1-1. I think Bayern will get to the semi out of those four clubs.

The other side of the draw is tricky to call. Any of those 4 could get through. Atalanta will get at PSG and they don't tend to do well when teams get at them. They'll be in a lot better shape having played so much more than PSG too.

1 legged ties.

Think of it as a knock out of 8 teams world cup style format. Games will come hot and fast as well every 3-4 days

Damn! Given the circumstances, this is actually quite exciting

IF this is the case, then injuries will have a HUGE role in this format. Dicey dicey.

Edit: and how will the yellow/red card system work?

Barcelona or Bayern if we get past Lyon.

Either one would be a very tasty tie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.