Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was always going to start tonight and justified his selection big time. Going to be key for us in the remainder of the CL, we are lucky to have him

That is exactly how I feel.
I remember ian bowyer as a little kid getting it, and i failed to understand it then.
But this player is rated by the top coach's in the World and some nobs without a single coaching badge think that they know better.
I suppose all clubs have clueless people as fans , but you would think as the genius that is pep Guardiola picks him for important games would mean that they would shut their mouths and not embarrass themselves.
There is one poster who was quite vociferous in calling. Gundog out tonight, totally embarrassing himself as he kept digging.

As much as we praise the front three for the intensity of the pressing tonight, Gundogan made it all possible because his selflessness to cover Kroos / Modric (in midfield) AND to close the space to Dani Carvajal (right back) allowed Jesus to press Varane. If Gundogan hadn't done that job, Coutois and Varane would have had an easy pass every time to beat the press.

I've been critical of Gundogan because I don't always think the work rate is up to par but last night he was incredible. Literally the only criticism was of the pass rather than shot, although on second and third viewing I can understand why he chose to pick the pass. Absolutely brilliant performance overall.

As much as we praise the front three for the intensity of the pressing tonight, Gundogan made it all possible because his selflessness to cover Kroos / Modric (in midfield) AND to close the space to Dani Carvajal (right back) allowed Jesus to press Varane. If Gundogan hadn't done that job, Coutois and Varane would have had an easy pass every time to beat the press.

I've been critical of Gundogan because I don't always think the work rate is up to par but last night he was incredible. Literally the only criticism was of the pass rather than shot, although on second and third viewing I can understand why he chose to pick the pass. Absolutely brilliant performance overall.

Sterling just simply wasn’t expecting it either. If he had, his weight would have been on his right and he could have walked on to it and hit it in with his right foot. Instead, he had shifted his weight onto his left foot which meant he had to allow the ball to travel further and come across his body. He did that twice last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.