COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So completely different population centres, cultures and numbers who travel to these destinations... comparing Senegal to the UK is crackers.. did they even have a lockdown?

India itself is in a pretty bad spot, you could argue certain ares in the UK have done well but overall they haven’t.

I don’t want to divert away from what my point is here - that the lockdown itself has contributed to a significant number of deaths and that we need to learn from it.

It may well have done Ban Jani but a lot of the people who dies in care homes were too ill to transfer to hospitals. If anything the late lockdown cost thousands of lives in care homes but not everyone in Sage will admit it because they failed care homes in a terrible way and so did some of the bigger providers

So completely different population centres, cultures and numbers who travel to these destinations... comparing Senegal to the UK is crackers.. did they even have a lockdown?

India itself is in a pretty bad spot, you could argue certain ares in the UK have done well but overall they haven’t.

I don’t want to divert away from what my point is here - that the lockdown itself has contributed to a significant number of deaths and that we need to learn from it.

You asked to name a country that coped better, I did.

If you want to compare it with somewhere that has a population density bigger than ours per sq meter then Bangladesh had less cases and a significanlty lower death rate than us.

I am also trying to keep it on the main point, but as an apparent y developed nation 16000 deaths from lack of bormal medical care and ibfomatiin that made peiple both cinfused amd fearfull is a failiure of leadership not lockdown.

Oh and both Senegal and Bangladesh had lockdowns

Only because we have been repeatedly told how deadly this is. There have been comparable seasonal viruses that have killed a similar amount that would barely be mentioned. We've been convinced that a killer virus is going to wipe us all out to the point grandkids cant hug their grandparents. Of course that is going to make people hide away in their houses. Even when this has gone people will be mentally scarred to the point they will never be the same again.
Very well said True Blue.
Put it out there.
The Truth.

Senegal.

In fact up to now the majority of African nations have handled the pandemic better than the 1st world nations, add that to state in India like Kelari and SEA nations that have had lower rates and managed to recover quicker, I would say many can be named

The majority of African countries have much lower rates of affected comorbidities such as diabetes and obesity. Most African countries also have a much younger population compared to Europe, the US and South America. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your opinion btw, just pointing out a couple of potential reasons for why Africa, which people may expect to suffer the worst due to poor health care and access in many regions, famine, amongst other things are actually coping fairly well numbers wise in comparison to Europe and elsewhere.

It may well have done Ban Jani but a lot of the people who dies in care homes were too ill to transfer to hospitals. If anything the late lockdown cost thousands of lives in care homes but not everyone in Sage will admit it because they failed care homes in a terrible way and so did some of the bigger providers
I don’t disagree with that mate

You asked to name a country that coped better, I did.

If you want to compare it with somewhere that has a population density bigger than ours per sq meter then Bangladesh had less cases and a significanlty lower death rate than us.

I am also trying to keep it on the main point, but as an apparent y developed nation 16000 deaths from lack of bormal medical care and ibfomatiin that made peiple both cinfused amd fearfull is a failiure of leadership not lockdown.

Oh and both Senegal and Bangladesh had lockdowns

And you chose places in entirely different continents with a completely different demographic and far less travel as a tourist destination to us.

Comparing ourselves to them isn’t helpful.

It’s also not helpful as they may have not published their figures relating to indirect deaths.

For the record I do completely blame the government for their leadership on it, that’s my whole point.

Locking people up has without doubt contributed to deaths, I really cannot fathom why some won’t admit it.

16,000 for every 25,000 that died of Covid is a huge number that cannot be magicked away.

It isnt. Its awful. My point is that would have happened anyway.

"Another 10,000 people are thought to have died in care homes after early discharge from hospital and a lack of access to care." - even without lockdown the government would have clearly discharged them back to make space given the no doubt even higher need for beds. Sadly. If by some miracle they hadn't, they'd have probably caught it in hospital anyway given how badly it was spreading. As for the remaining 6k who stayed away. Genuinely awful...but the hospitals would have been even fuller with a greater death toll most likely. I hand on heart believe their behaviour would have been identical anyway sadly.

So we're back at square one.

And you chose places in entirely different continents with a completely different demographic and far less travel as a tourist destination to us.

Comparing ourselves to them isn’t helpful.

It’s also not helpful as they may have not published their figures relating to indirect deaths.

For the record I do completely blame the government for their leadership on it, that’s my whole point.

Bit it answered the reply you gave to my post where I said apparent developing nations have coped better and you asked me to name them.

I did, you made it an acceptable comparisson by asking.

Bit it answered the reply you gave to my post where I said apparent developing nations have coped better and you asked me to name them.

I did, you made it an acceptable comparisson by asking.

fair enough - I’m about to tee off on a golf trip pal so let’s leave it there I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.