Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I think people are bring harsh on Pochettino here.

When he came to Southampton he wasn't regarded as a great manager and was derided for not speaking English. He did a very good job there as well. I don't know the exact dates sobso forgivehforgive me but hephe made players Mane?), Shaw, Rodriguez, Lambert, Lovren(?) and it's no accident many of them went on to Liverpool.

He went to Spurs and took them to a CL final and top 4 contenders. Harry Kane becomes a world class player and Dele Alli becomes a very good player. If they had cashed in on them you'd be looking at 250m plus.

He's been at clubs that quite simply aren't expected to win trophies. He wasn't backed in the transfer market and really I don't know what else he could do there. If he'd had won a cup then people would dismiss that as well! Plus he's not very old.

Given the resources he had at Spurs and Southampton and what he achieved there's every indication he will be a very good manager if backed.

Pep will leave one day and I wouldn't be unhappy with Pochettino.

yeah, maybe a bit to be fair. as i said, i don't think he'd be a bad appointment. he definitely has potential.

Delle Alli was a 1 season wonder,other than that....good post ;)

When he came to Southampton he wasn't regarded as a great manager and was derided for not speaking English. He did a very good job there as well. I don't know the exact dates sobso forgivehforgive me but hephe made players Mane?), Shaw, Rodriguez, Lambert, Lovren(?) and it's no accident many of them went on to Liverpool.

He went to Spurs and took them to a CL final and top 4 contenders. Harry Kane becomes a world class player and Dele Alli becomes a very good player. If they had cashed in on them you'd be looking at 250m plus.

He's been at clubs that quite simply aren't expected to win trophies. He wasn't backed in the transfer market and really I don't know what else he could do there. If he'd had won a cup then people would dismiss that as well! Plus he's not very old.

Given the resources he had at Spurs and Southampton and what he achieved there's every indication he will be a very good manager if backed.

Kompany or Vierra?

Having said that Julian Nagelsman is someone without previous success I would be willing to take a punt on.
I agree Naglesman seems an exciting young manager but there’s no substitute for experience when managing top clubs and players.
I just can’t see Pep leaving us until he has ensured a dynasty along the lines of Barça.
Pretty confident he will extend.

Wouldnt be surprised if Pep stayed for a little longer , what other club in the world would give him free reign over virtually everything football related , the only thing that could get under his skin is the media , the constant attacks and the fact he has to defend our club over something at nearly every presser he does will become tiresome and the lack of acknowledgent of his achievements
As for Pep loving our club i just cant see that , he is passionate about football and he has been given all the tools to go and win silverware , but he loves Barca and always will , his commitment to our club cannot be questioned , but he doesnt love Mancheser City he loves the fact he has everything required to reach his goals and he has done a brilliant job , he will break a lot more records before he leaves us and i cant think of any manager in the world who comes near him , he's a genius.

Pep ain't going anywhere for a long while. A good reason is Klopp, if Pep was just hammering the league every year i would worry because it would not scratch his itch. Klopp provides genuine challenge to him.

I also firmly believe he is becoming more a part of the club to and not just treating us as a chef would having been given the worlds best kitchen. We can thank UEFA for that ironically.

Yeah he heard fat Sam was coming

MXwz.gif

He had a free hit at the title when the foxes won,you can't tell me he didn't have better players than them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.