Champions League Quarter Final Games 12-15th August

@FCBarca is alive!!! And on the forum now.

How are you feeling? Bit of a wake up call for the club or could you see this coming?

What shocked me the most was the entire team including Messi just gave up in the second half. I've never seen that from a Barca team ever. Something is very wrong at your club at the minute

I wrote about it on twitter in the lead up to the game, I am not surprised. I had not seen anything this season that led me to believe they were a danger in Europe. I had hoped, mistakenly, that Setien would bring something back along the lines of collective attacking/passing play but that never materialized. There were glimpses but he too looked like a yes man to Bartomeu with team selections and I did not envision that. When you see the majority of the money received from the Neymar transfer either on the bench or in the opponent's squad, that tells you quite a bit already. Messi cannot win on his own and it's the most isolated he has been that I can recall - even lacking a very inconsistent Suarez who still managed to demonstrate the level he can reach with the goal. Too tepid in the end and that was clear to me even prior to confinement. Dembele getting the medical green light changed nothing for me

Bayern on the other hand, very impressive. Attacking width coupled with overlapping fullbacks and central midfield control & pressure is a hallmark of a Pep side and why Bayern looked more like Barca than Barca - that was strange to witness

Davies was remarkable but I left very impressed with Goretzka, Kimmich & of course the familiar Thiago

I wrote about it on twitter in the lead up to the game, I am not surprised. I had not seen anything this season that led me to believe they were a danger in Europe. I had hoped, mistakenly, that Setien would bring something back along the lines of collective attacking/passing play but that never materialized. There were glimpses but he too looked like a yes man to Bartomeu with team selections and I did not envision that. When you see the majority of the money received from the Neymar transfer either on the bench or in the opponent's squad, that tells you quite a bit already. Messi cannot win on his own and it's the most isolated he has been that I can recall - even lacking a very inconsistent Suarez who still managed to demonstrate the level he can reach with the goal. Too tepid in the end and that was clear to me even prior to confinement. Dembele getting the medical green light changed nothing for me

Bayern on the other hand, very impressive. Attacking width coupled with overlapping fullbacks and central midfield control & pressure is a hallmark of a Pep side and why Bayern looked more like Barca than Barca - that was strange to witness

Davies was remarkable but I left very impressed with Goretzka, Kimmich & of course the familiar Thiago

the thing in football is you can never stay young and at your best (messi) for me messi is 3 or 4 years past his best or peak and not the key to unlocking teams anymore, barcelona can not build teams around him anymore its gone and you need a different plan and also time to rebuild

am not blaming messi for last night defeat its a bigger picture and barcelona was a shambles from back to front
its going to be a hard job to rebuild and will take a really good manager with balls to say this is what is going to happen, when you see a team completely die on its feet like last night ? it leaves a mark on the club and it can never be removed and the only thing you can do is use it to rebuild and say that's the mark we never want again

i even think munich was not that good and last night game made them look good ? every thing was going in and maybe a bit of both good and bad, but munich also have big holes in the team and at the back look dodgy, so lets not get fooled hear because when a better side than barcelona face them its game on

As good as Bayern were Barca were a fuckin embarrassment, never seen a top team throw the towel in like that before, & wtf is De Jong all about?
He was like a rabbit in the headlights from KO...Barca always seem to go for players that have 1 good season & splash a fortune on them.......

I just realized that there are 3 German Coaches on the Semi Finals and 1 good German Coach the dippers have.

Is this coincidence or is there something more into it?

In that case the odd broken leg, or ruptured ligaments would cause plenty of pain for a player, especially if the team was playing City and we kept it for 3 minutes.
Guess you never played.
Broke my ankle in three places on Mellands fields Gorton playing in the County cup and waited 40 mins for the ambulance to turn up. Was it painful? Yes. Did it do any long term damage? No.
So, the answer to your question is yes I have played.

And if you have played, you would know that everybody knows when somebody is seriously injured.

Barca spit in the face of Cruyff these days. They've managed to destroy near pefection in less than a decade.

its the messi factor ? they have built everything around him but sadly messi was finished at barca long before last night game, yes when you have somebody like messi he can dig you out of trouble but its a gamble at his age, to much power has been given to messi at barcelona and for the last 3 or 4 seasons he just does not produce when it matters and the cracks open wide

barcelona need a rebuild not just a player levels but as a club they need a complete break down and start again
and first one that list is messi / am not saying he is finished as a player, but he is finished at barcelona as the main man and the team has to change, a move for messi would be right he needs to go to another club and just fit it and play football without any chains on his shoulders

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.