Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

For me , very disappointed,
But in Pep we trust

just think when we start with two holding midfielders it stops de Bruyne or sterling having that half a second in possession to turn the game , because it gives the opponent the opportunity to double up on them as they know there is know out ball as the other two holding midfielders are no real threat offensively so they just leave them

if Foden or one of the silva A’s are there they cannot afford to leave their man

just which we had gone for it !

Sorry to make the point twice but on a reply I saw in the pub as the ball went through the Lyon guys leg I saw it clip his ankle. Me and my mate both shouted it touched his ankle and so off side. Still not home so not seen proper reply.
We humiliated UEFA in court and they waited for and took the opportunity to screw us over with that decision.

We didn't lose because of Pep. Pep had his plans, failed due to Walker's mistake, every match Walker will make at least one mistake, sometimes he gets away with it, today he didn't. He made their player on-side and then he didn't track the player next to him. Mistakes from Ferna to get yellow, mistakes from Laporte, Raz miss (gone are his dreams of RM transfer!) and Edi, so on and on. Kevin was by far the best player again. Lucky we have him.

It was clear to me that players also knew, Ref/Var was there to ensure we don't progress.

Let's focus on winning PL and get behind the team. My son's are very upset tonight. I may be wrong, but not sure how a true fan can ask Pep to leave based on what happened tonight. Pep is still the best, and one of the best thing to happen to City.

Sorry to make the point twice but on a reply I saw in the pub as the ball went through the Lyon guys leg I saw it clip his ankle. Me and my mate both shouted it touched his ankle and so off side. Still not home so not seen proper reply.

I thought so too but it's UEFA &we gave them the chance. It was a piss easy attack to stop, before then.

Pep got it wrong.

By the time he changed it we had 30 min left, and were 1-0 down. More importantly he'd given the opposition belief, whilst at the same time knocking the confidence of our own team. Yet we still had some good chances, Jesus volley and Sterling sitter, to keep in the game.
it is the one criticism you can aim at Pep, which is that he has a very poor record of recovering from a losing position. He stubbornly sticks to plan A until far too late in the game.
Right from the off it was clear that Lyon were pumping long balls with pinpoint accuracy, whereas we were just going from side to side like a metronome. It was all to pedestrian and predictable, whereas Lyon looked dangerous every time they got forward. The house of cards that is our defence, lived up to its usual standard.
Wonder how Barnardo Silva is feeling / thinking right now!?

Well we won't be winning the CL anytime so that's a relief. Zero expectations from here on.

The very least you do as a football club is give everything you can as a football club to get through to a Champions League semi-final.

Barcelona were a complete joke last night but they were just a team at the end of their line. We on the other hand didn't even play our best team. This is too big a mistake to forgive. It's not about making mistakes and accepting them. You just simply can not manage a team any more because everyone knows you cost us the game. I hope City have the guts to sack him.

Muppet

1_JS173872838.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.