Pep's contract situation

We can’t win everything all the time.
Players and managers will get it wrong at times...they are human.
Those calling it the end for Pep shouldtake a good hard look in the mirror and remember how f*****g brilliant our football has been since he took over.
We have won a shitload more than we have ever won before in the last 3 yrs and the least he deserves is the opportunity to rebuild an ageing team.
Let’s not behave like spoilt scouse or rag fans. Get the fuck in behind Pep and the boys and let’s look forward to another season as the best footballing team the premier league has ever seen.
Rant over.

Got to be honest I was livid at Peps post match interview on BT saying were not ready to win it yet and that the club 1 day will do it whilst laughing and joking.
How about fucking taking some responsibilities yourself, you picked the stupid team!! and your the person spending the owners money.
He should have admitted he fucked it up again in the CL let he shunned the blame and shrugged his shoulders.
I'm never bothering watching this competition again.

You can't blame Ederson for the first goal.

He absolutely has to come out to close down the angle when a player is through 1v1 on him, and he has no time to get back to his line after the ball goes loose, and the finish gave him no chance.
Can and did. He left himself in no man’s land. Came too far without any chance of getting to the ball, left himself vulnerable to the chip and the “knock past and go around” and had a defender making ground on the player and getting a tackle in.

He came too far, too fast and ended up in no mans land...in no position to do a damned thing about anything. In short, the goalkeeper had zero impact on the goal, which is a bad place to be.

We can’t win everything all the time.
Players and managers will get it wrong at times...they are human.
Those calling it the end for Pep shouldtake a good hard look in the mirror and remember how f*****g brilliant our football has been since he took over.
We have won a shitload more than we have ever won before in the last 3 yrs and the least he deserves is the opportunity to rebuild an ageing team.
Let’s not behave like spoilt scouse or rag fans. Get the fuck in behind Pep and the boys and let’s look forward to another season as the best footballing team the premier league has ever seen.
Rant over.
I believe Pep cost us that game but I also know that for the most part he has brought us unparalleled success.
We need t revert back to the football of 2018/19 without the tinkering. Perhaps he does this because he feels the defence is weak and needs protection?

He's used up his credit in the bank and we still have to resolve his long term future. If he doesn't extend, what do we do next season? Carry on?

Can and did. He left himself in no man’s land. Came too far without any chance of getting to the ball, left himself vulnerable to the chip and the “knock past and go around” and had a defender making ground on the player and getting a tackle in.

He came too far, too fast and ended up in no mans land...in no position to do a damned thing about anything. In short, the goalkeeper had zero impact on the goal, which is a bad place to be.

Sorry, there's a lot of things in this game that are opinion, this simply isn't one of them.

He has to come out and close down the angle for the 1v1 shot. Every goalkeeper in the world would do it.

Garcia wasn't actually making ground, the Lyon player slowed unusually to try and work a shot and let him in.

Like I said I wish Pep had played with more of our identity last night, but I can understand his rational for the reason he did what he did.

Its only Lyon is a bit if a misnomer to me as the issue was not facing the 7th best side in France but more facing a side with their distinct attributes was the issue and how it could expose our weaknesses.

Coincidentally Wolves finished 7th in England and there is a lot of parallels to Lyon in style (low block and counter attacking at pace) and there a side which causes us more problems, due to there style, than you would expect relative to their league position.

Similarly if you look across Europe to sides with similar philosophies, possession based, control spaces, high press (Nagelsmann at Leipzig, Sarri at Juventus) Lyon have also
done a job on those sides in this year Champs Lge so I think that was a cause for concern and influenced the team selection.

With regards Madrid as a blueprint, Madrid play a very diferent style to Lyon, playing a possession based game, with little threat behind, so I think its difficult to say definitively that should have been the blue print as we only have to look back at games against United, Wolves etc (low block, fast counter attacks) to see why Pep felt he had to change against a team playing in such a way.

All true, but surely a better way of achieving the goal of nullifying Lyon’s counterattacking threat, would have been to keep Walker and Cancelo back alongside the centre halves, or include Walker in the back 3, not pick 3 chronically slow centre halves and then deploy 2 more equally immobile holding midfielders in front of them. It was a disaster from the start and the only man who seems not to have seen it coming is the one man who should have

Would you rather sack him and pay the massive compensation? I’ve never heard anything like it, it’s not as if we could get a fee for him and therefore should sell him with a year left he’s not a player!
No he isnt but he is in charge of a squad of them with those monetary issues you describe attached to them. Many of thosr players will be wondering just why the fuck they were left benched in the most important game we have had this season. He fucked it up, and expect KDB and others to start rightfully kicking off about it once the dust settles

I believe Pep cost us that game but I also know that for the most part he has brought us unparalleled success.
We need t revert back to the football of 2018/19 without the tinkering. Perhaps he does this because he feels the defence is weak and needs protection?

He's used up his credit in the bank and we still have to resolve his long term future. If he doesn't extend, what do we do next season? Carry on?
I agree he needs to commit to the ongoing project
I fully expect him to do so given the signings and planned signings
He deserves a chance in my eyes given what he has helped build here...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.