Lautaro Martinez

Need a goal so they take him off for Alexis Sanchez. Who did more with his first touch than Martinez did in 80mins.... More next Nery Castillo than he is Aguero.

Castillo was phenomenal, injures ravaged his career along with issues off the pitch

Alexis is a technical player that needs the ball at his feet, Lautaro simply requires service - not the same profile of player at all

Sensi’s absence changed the complexion of the team and they’ve never looked as formidable/fluid since

Martinez is absolute quality and I can’t believe after one poor game people are saying no thank you. How many tines have our star players been poor in games so does that make them poor . If we are looking for a player who plays great every single minute of every game then good luck lads

Martinez is absolute quality and I can’t believe after one poor game people are saying no thank you. How many tines have our star players been poor in games so does that make them poor . If we are looking for a player who plays great every single minute of every game then good luck lads
Spot on and this why they watch a player 20 times. They want to see what they are like when they're winning, when everything is going for them, when they've scored etc...
But they want to see what they are like when they are losing, when they've missed a chance etc...

6 goals and 3 assists in last 24 games. 1/3 of those numbers came in 1 game vs Shakhtar. So 4 goals 2 assists in the other 23 games. "1 poor game" behave

Do you watch Serie A? I don't. I checked his record and he has 14 goals from 35 games in Serie A.

Inter and Juve are their top 2. Judging by the quality of their sides I don't rate that league. Inter finished 1 point off the top and they play Ashley Young, and Sanchez when he's fit who are way past their best.

Martinez maybe top quality. If he is though he should be tearing up that league.

Do you watch Serie A? I don't. I checked his record and he has 14 goals from 35 games in Serie A.

Inter and Juve are their top 2. Judging by the quality of their sides I don't rate that league. Inter finished 1 point off the top and they play Ashley Young, and Sanchez when he's fit who are way past their best.

Martinez maybe top quality. If he is though he should be tearing up that league.
So who do you suggest to replace Agüero then because we won’t pay for haaland who is my number one choice mpabbe will be Madrid bound . I like Jimenez from wolves but he is not really on the radar and Harry Kane will cost over £130 million and is definitely not worth that .

I'm half & half re this guy. The fee is the problem.

If you look at his best moments, it's very obvious that he's very very talented. You don't need stats etc to figure that out, just look at the touches & finishes & ignore the rest, the talent is clearly there & he seems a lively, not a half arsed player.

But for some reason that doesn't translate to goals & for the money quoted, that makes him a big gamble.

Jesus gets shit on here, albeit having a much better scoring rate than Martinez, for not scoring enough & he's fucking brilliant yet 'could' have even more goals. Anyone ought to be able to see the ability Jesus has got & use their imagination of what could happen if stuff really starts to come off for him. This lad is in a similar situation imo, but behind Jesus currently.

Both have decent scoring rates at international level, Jesus in bigger games.

Jesus, imo, could become an absolute legend at City but also, if he drops off slightly, could become surplus. I imagine Martinez might be similar.

But we scouted Jesus & got him at a great price.

Are there any more unsigned unproven, strikers like him, with that potential, out there, at bargain price ?

If so, we really shouldn't be even thinking of gambling on Martinez imo, because he is also unproven.

So who do you suggest to replace Agüero then because we won’t pay for haaland who is my number one choice mpabbe will be Madrid bound . I like Jimenez from wolves but he is not really on the radar and Harry Kane will cost over £130 million and is definitely not worth that .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.